Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Oh wow- it's really lovely down in Northhampton. Remember to take some pictures for us!!
  • Well done Kat. We've seen a marked decline in the garden hogs. He's to small to hibernate so you probably have a charge until the spring.
    Love that white moose video Iuv. Strangely, I watched it in the dining room and we have a Moose skull and antlers up on the wall. (It was well dead when we got it and mounted on a board. Part of Mrs T's skull art collection).
    Can share a pic if anyone interested. The dining room is the central natural history area of the house.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I like history of any nature.
  • Thought you might like an update on lil hoggy, who turns out to be a boy and I named him Pumpkin. On discovering blood in his poop this am I rang a local hog hospital and decided to take him there this afternoon. He's very underweight and has lungworms, so it's 50/50 whether he will make it. Apparently only 15 out of 100 hogs do, and that's not factoring in roadkill- so sad. Anyway, a wonderful lady called Angela showed me round her hoggy hospital, currently about 60 in residence. She has two sheds that look like Hector's House in a wonderfully whimsical woody garden, with residents ranging from 50p sized hoglets to an adult which will be roaming her new release site right now. We discussed my ability to rear Pumpkin myself as he will need over-wintering if he makes it that far. She showed me how to administer the injections he requires, but I bottled it and decided to let her look after him for a week or two while he needs intensive care! Hopefully I'll be able to collect him and bring him back in a couple of weeks time when he's plumped up. He let out two horribly upsetting screams as I was leaving him, which I know I shouldn't flatter myself about- poor little guy had had a stressful afternoon travelling there, but my heart did break to leave him. If he does name it and I get to see him again I'll keep you posted- in the meantime please keep all paws and claws crossed. Sniff...
  • All power to the hoglet !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • In this country hedgehogs are as endangered now as tigers are internationally. Maybe Alison would like to dedicate a song on the next album to Angela - Hogwoman!
  • Awww i hope Mr Pumpkin is a right as rain in no time. This is so sweet x
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-29 14:55:43
  • Good wishes for Pumpkin.  Named him, huh?  So, exactly how many animals do you have around the house?
  • Only four now WW! 2 dogs, 2 tortoises, + occasional strays. Hardly a zoo. I can dream, sigh.
  • Ha!  It sounds like a couple of llamas, cats, and hedgehogs hanging around would be appreciated.  Actually, 'hanging around' sounds better than a zoo, doesn't it.  They come and go as they please?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-10-30 09:02:55
  • Hoggy update...well, sort of. Im hoping that no news is good news as I haven't had a call from the hoggy hospital. I contacted Angela a couple of days ago to ask how Pumpkin was getting on and she said it didn't look good as he was refusing to eat, but he had finished his antibiotics and was taking fluid by syringe. I can only hope he's still alive and fighting. I know you folks probably think Im stupid, but Ive seen two hogs dead on the road in exactly the same spot since I found him..one of them got run over by the car in front of me the other night so you can imagine how distraught I was. I picked him up and moved his warm little body onto the verge. Think I may have to start patrolling at dusk if there are any hogs left).
  • Your a kind caring person and if more people were like you the world would be a better place.

Aww I feel tearful reading this. Poor little chap. Praying for Pumpkin. xxxxxxxxxxx
  • If (fingers crossed) I get him back in a few days then I will obviously let you know. On a similar theme, I have a friend who is looking for a new home for a baby tortoise called Happy! All equipment included (its new). If anyone lives in the East Midlands and is interested, let me know!
  • Pumpkin is still alive and gradually gaining weight, but on a red card, I went to visit him the other day, with grapes and a magazine ( Slugs Weekly). The hospital are keeping him in over Winter in case he relapses but I hope to release him in Spring.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!