Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Ps I don't get your logic- even if they are long lived, there still has to be a regular turnover?
    Unlike Tesco ho ho ( topical anti-capitalist cynical dig there).
  • It's funny, but I noticed the crows calling outside my bedroom window about 3 weeks ago. It signified the arrival of Autumn for me. I've also been noticing huge flocks of other species in the skies- they're all coming down to winter here. I need to put some seed out for them.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I've got some Awapui ginger or "Pine Cone" ginger growing, and was thinking about harvesting some. I was looking up how to and this was the first thing to "pop up"- these boys are terrible. :P
    U R I E L
  • I had a break time ramble through our Nature Area by my thoughtful solitary self the other day ( it was last Monday I think, before the RAH do) and I came face to face with a shy little muntjac. It was a Hello Deer moment and I read heaps into it!
  • KatRobin said:

I had a break time ramble through our Nature Area by my thoughtful solitary self the other day ( it was last Monday I think, before the RAH do) and I came face to face with a shy little muntjac. It was a Hello Deer moment and I read heaps into it!

Ahh, KatRobin, that's such a cute story !  We have a couple of Muntjac's at home.  Here's one in the utility room having just enjoyed some ice cream !
    In this form, they look quite Satanic !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-11-25 15:16:29
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • KatRobin said:

Ahh, KatRobin, that's such a cute story !  We have a couple of Muntjac's at home.  Here's one in the utility room having just enjoyed some ice cream !

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of the UT's!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • We have two dead crows out in the garden. In the cupboard under the BBQ! :P
  • And don't forget the boiled pigs head!
  • Appy61 said:

And don't forget the boiled pigs head!

Ah, Gregory. I have to take a picture of him before I can post !
  • KatRobin said:

I had a break time ramble through our Nature Area by my thoughtful solitary self the other day ( it was last Monday I think, before the RAH do) and I came face to face with a shy little muntjac. It was a Hello Deer moment and I read heaps into it!

We have a couple of Muntjac's at home.  Here's one in the utility room having just enjoyed some ice cream !

Maybe when you're burning in Hell, you'll see the Muntjac skull differently. They're actually a cute, ancient species of deer.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-11-26 02:07:25
    U R I E L
  • My great-grandmother would boil a pig's head when she made tamales.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • UT and Appy- is it too late to withdraw my invitation lol? I mean, am I or my critters doooomed?!!
  • Kat - I'd like to point out that me and Mrs Appy do not hold the same regard for dead animals - live ones are much preferred. 
  • We revere the animal, both alive and when dead. We think they grace our cabinets with their presence.
    Introducing Gregory (Peccary).  He will be immortalised in an oil painting in the next few weeks.  What pig could wish for more ! ( Mr and Mrs Appy do like sausages by the way ).

• And to prove we love live animals as well, the rascal that is Dakota admiring his new friend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!