Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 81 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Sartori said:

Sure , some use it instead of "um" or "er" to fill in gaps...

Fun Fact: Those utterances are called discourse markers.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • LuDux said:

Brilliant!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

• I know some of you guys got a little whacked out that I brought up the male psyche. I'm not trying to generalize..I was talking about the game.
    The part that I just don't get, is the violence. I could go on a feminist rant about sex trafficking, poverty and drug addiction..but I won't. The game just seems to me to glorify power at any cost. Anywho, I've played Skyrim too...it took me a whole fucking hour once to get off the side of a mountain.

I can`t talk for other male-oids , but my male psyche for videogames is just "WIN" / "What do I have to do in order to win - what tasks/tactics do I need to do to WIN" , it`s not a deep part of my psyche fulfilling a desire to take part in prostitoot shenanigans or mowing people down , it`s just a task (theoretically that`s if I played GTA that is) , it doesn`t affect my real life behavior or empathy/sympathy to peeps caught up in bad real life situations . It`s not "Power" per se , it`s the desire to WIN - semantically , if you win , you perceivably get the power but that`s not the end in itself , it`s the buzz of doing well or "doing well-er" than all the other "bloody twatting bastards that just killed me" sort of thing . 
     But , I have no interest in GTA and its likes personally as they do mirror some aspects of real life that I want no part of . If I reflect on it , I find it quite strange , if playing real sports , I don`t really have a win at all costs mentality , I play for feelings of fairness and togetherness aspects . Online though , I`d shoot your moobs off to get one more stick of candy .
     For the record , I`ve played first person shooters since Quake and online (playing shittily against others) since Quake 2 in `97 .

Swearing , my strolling through the streets of decency and farting at the pigeons was a poke-the-monkey-facebook-style experiment to see if Whickwithy would feel insulted by my deconstructing his folly by my mentioning of Canada or my adding the South Park clip - unless you watch it , you miss the punchline in it . As mentioned after me and the reason for my post - do you feel more insulted if your nationality is slurred , you are subjected to swearing at or subjected to the kitchen sink of an insultathon in that South Park clip ?  

Swearing isn`t all it`s cracked up to be , worse combinations of words are readily available through that tome of evilness-ness ....the Oxford Dictionary . I read this thread and see certain words and behavior that create more keyboard bile than any mofo-ing swearing ever could , I`ll refrain from repeating them to avoid a keyboard war , the size and depth , the board hasn`t seen since the release of Head First .

Does Mein Kampf have the word "twat" in it ?

What I played as an impressionable 17yr old 

What I play now at 49yrs old , during the soaps .

Post edited by Sartori at 2014-11-29 05:39:13
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Any complaints ? Read my Signature .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Crumbs!  I wouldn't want to play either of them but, if forced to choose one or the other, I'd go for Horace Goes Skiing (rather that Battlefield 4) every time.
  • Horace Goes Skiing has quite endearing graphics.  Battlefield 4 looks as though it's just a mess of noise and nastiness.
  • Pet said:

Battlefield 4 looks as though it's just a mess of noise and nastiness.

A bit like life then ?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Pet said:

^ A bit like your life????

No, like most people's life. You come in naked covered in slime, you make what you can of it for a brief few years and then you check.out, hopefully not quite so traumatically and covered in blood as you came in.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ! Still, when you look back, Goldfrapp were good !
  • ^ A bit like your life????

No, like most people's life. You come in naked covered in slime, you make what you can of it for a brief few years and then you check.out, hopefully not quite so traumatically and covered in blood as you came in.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ! Still, when you look back, Goldfrapp were good !

Potential tombstone lines

• Ha, ha. Enjoyed that. I went to Tombstone a couple of years ago and the gravestone epitaphs there are funny.
    One of my favourites:
    Here lies Lester Moore
    4 slugs from a 44
    No Les no more.

Really must start that funeral songs thread.
  • Oh, I should have added that, if you are one of the vast majority of men that finds himself spent upon entering the land of paradise, study the Kegel muscles.  You can exercise them without wasting a second of time, since you can do it while you are doing just about anything else and, then, last as long as you would like.

It really baffles me that lack of sexual stamina is like an epidemic (I think 40% of the popluation would count as an epidemic) and, yet, no one will talk about it.  It should be in the (goddamned) headlines and on every news website in the world as a permanent (friggin') post.  It is the most important thing that could be taught in sex education.  We are not ashamed of killing people, we (fucking well) revel in it.  But, god no, don't mention sex.  I figure it's because the vast majority is so bad at it.  Sad, really, as the fix is so (bloody) easy.  But, the understanding of the fix is rather new, as it's just become obvious over the last half century or so.  And, of course, before that, it wasn't that important as women's satisfaction was not even to be considered.  It was all about just making children.  Enjoying sex before the last half century or so was not important.  Do you think it is unimportant now?  That the most fundamental activity of life is done so poorly?  Do you not think that has phenomenal psychological effects that build up more and more over a lifetime?  I could rattle off for hours the psychoses and obsessions (like winning) that seem related.  What male can feel adequate at anything if he can't satisfy his female partner?

The cursing in parentheses are just to show that it really doesn't add a thing to the conversation, except to show that I need to feel self-important.

Too bad, Sartori.  If I were Canadian, I might have been offended as I really respect the Canadians quite a bit.  It's a pretty impressive culture in a lot of ways.  On the other hand, if you had tried to offend my U.S. natiionality, I probably would have concurred more vehemently than you could possibly match.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-11-30 08:30:01
  • Oh, I should have added that

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

The cursing in parentheses are just to show that it really doesn't add a thing to the conversation, except to show that I need to feel self-important.

Too bad, Sartori.  If I were Canadian, I might have been offended as I really respect the Canadians quite a bit.  It's a pretty impressive culture in a lot of ways.  On the other hand, if you had tried to offend my U.S. natiionality, I probably would have concurred more vehemently than you could possibly match.

TBTR

Than I could `possibly match` ? away with you shandy drinker .

I`m glad you feel you can write your post without any sense of irony . 

Post edited by Sartori at 2014-11-30 10:38:16
  • @WW Good points (although I think you're possibly commenting on another discussion we talked about previously)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!