Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 110 Comments sorted by
  • I recall many years ago, an old friend of mine nearly wetting himself when I said I needed to go to the shop to buy a breadloaf ( yes, that's one word, a colloquial compound from ye olde times in the East Midlands). Never quite got what the hysteria was all about....
    Can we add an extra strand to this thread ( or must it be in another?) - personal favourite words? for me they'd be Squelchy, Flip-Flop, Winsom, Flippant....oh that's just for starters. Can you tell I like word puzzles ( crap at crosswords tho!)
  • KatRobin said:

Can we add an extra strand to this thread

Seems to work just fine here.  It' actually what I usually mention.
  • Kat. How about 'she looked winsome in her squelchy flip flops, as the water ran between her toes; her hair tossed flippantly to one side'
    Any more favourite words and we can turn this into a story for you.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Lol....echoes of the Jo film! I shall cogitate over other favourite words and get back to you 8->
  • Bimble....amorphous.....decrepit ....phantom.....spud.....tell me when to stop xx
  • Bimble!  New word (for me)!  I like it.  You're starting to remind me of the movie, "The Interpreter".
  • To bimble is to waste time mooching about.....mooch is a good word too 3:-O !
  • Mooch is a great word.
    Mush is also great for addressing someone in a playful manner. "You alright mush?"
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • KatRobin said:

To bimble is to waste time mooching about.....mooch is a good word too 3:-O !

Oh! I had bimble down as something entirely different. In Mrs UT's family, they had words of wisdom which they imparted to 'young gals' who were going out for the evening, which was 'keep your hand on your ha'penny'. I had bimble down as a substitute for ha'penny. I will have to completely rethink my little story containing these words now !
  • The following morning, after the intensity and passion of the night before, her bimble felt amorphous...
  • To her, age had not been kind, the once lithe body now amorphous and decrepit, her senility driving her to bimble about in the old house searching for phantom spuds that she has forgotten to buy.
    Sniff ! This poor woman needs home help. Where are social services ?
    Happens to us all I am afraid.
    That's cheered you all up !
  • KatRobin said:

To bimble is to waste time mooching about.....mooch is a good word too 3:-O !

I like the Urban Dictionary definition alot: "To amble without real aim, yet in a friendly and harmless manner. It's not required to acheive nothing, though it is a frequent side effect.  Bimbling can be made a little more business like with a slight hunch of the shoulders."

I love ambling.  Both the word and the action.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-05-08 18:56:07
  • UT- thanks for your story! Made me smile on a Friday morning .......zzzzzz...... I think I ll shut up now and let others suggest their words. Maybe Bimble does have your definition in your part of the world.....or maybe you have a one track mind?! ;))
  • KatRobin said:

UT- thanks for your story! Made me smile on a Friday morning .......zzzzzz...... I think I ll shut up now and let others suggest their words. Maybe Bimble does have your definition in your part of the world.....or maybe you have a one track mind?! ;))

Kat. Can assure you it is not one track. It is modal to suit whatever situation it is in, but there is definatley a smut mode !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!