Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Track?.
  • 144 Comments sorted by
  • I have a new favourite track, and considering how important Road To Somewhere is to me, this is truly a thrill, and I'm so mesmerized I thought I'd share a little insight with you.

I won't lie. Thea is the new strict machine. The first time you hear it, your jaw will DROP. It's like stomping through a rain-soaked jungle in the middle of a swirling monsoon, lightning crackling overhead, the sound exploding around you, shaking the very core of your being. This album will be worth the wait, I can assure you. 

For the record, I don't own a leaked copy or anything. I have other perfectly legal means of hearing some of this track. But for those thinking the album is going to be a bunch of sleepy slowies, there are likely more surprises in store. So don't be miffed if I wrote this, I just want to say that this album will be their greatest work yet and that waiting will be worth it, for those who haven't heard much yet. Truly, truly Goldfrapp. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2013-08-26 17:34:14
  • Thea is a sexy beast of a track, isn't it? Since hearing it I couldnt get enough..
  • it's got to be THEA love it so much...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Annabel is right up there for me now. Its my fave on TOU thats for sure.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • While I love all the tracks on Tales From Us, my fave track is Deer Stop still.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • I don't have a single favorite Goldfrapp track,. but for now Thea is certainly my favorite TOU track. Where the other albums are concerned; Hunt, Some People, You Never Know, Strict Machine, Paper Bag.....

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Ride A White Horse, Ooh La La, Number 1, Train, Strict Machine, Slippage, Twist, Koko, Tiptoe, Crystalline Green, Beautiful, Lovely Head, Utopia, Caravan Girl, Alive, Rocket, Drew & Thea......

the tracks i always seem to play the most.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Same as i posted previously, Ride a white horse, Rocket, Utopia, Monster Love and now Annabel. The order changes.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Wow, it's interesting to see so many mentions of Crystalline Green...I didn't know that this track was loved that much. It is one of my favourites along with ...

Crystalline Green (Alison could sing the chorus to me all night long :-)
    Utopia
    Hairy Trees (so beautiful...I just played it 3 times in a row)
    Ride A White Horse

Woah.. I'm not even lying one bit here, but you've just listed 4 of my favourite frapp songs! 
  • I Wanna Life... why do I get the feeling I'm going to be the only person who says that song...
  • I am the only person who likes Annabel best at the moment.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • just listened to Ride A White Horse for the first time since i got TOU..... ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • After this week (and having revisited their back catalogue) -

Favourites:
    1. Deer Stop [10/10] (FM)
    2. Lovely Head [10/10] (FM)
    3. Pilots [10/10] (FM)
    4. Paper Bag [10/10] (FM)
    5. Drew [10/10] (TOU)
    6. Simone [10/10] (TOU)
    7. Laurel [10/10] (TOU)
    8. Thea [10/10] (TOU)
    9. Clowns [10/10] (ST)
    10. A&E [10/10] (ST)

Least Favourites:
    1. Happiness [3/10] (ST)
    2. Shiny and Warm [3/10] (HF)
    3. Slippage [4/10] (BC)
    4. Head First [5/10] (HF)
    5. Believer [5/10] (HF)
    6. Ooh La La [6/10] (S)
    7. Lovely 2C U [6/10] (S)
    8. Satin Chic [6/10] (S)
    9. Tiptoe [6/10] (BC)
    10. Alive [6/10] (HF)

Considering how much I detested Head First, I'm surprised the whole album (bar Dreaming and Hunt) isn't on my least favourite list. And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm coming round to Head First in a way. It will probably remain my least favourite Goldfrapp album though.

I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • it's got to be Drew.... not other song gives me chills or makes my eyes water like that....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Favorite from each album:

FELT MOUNTAIN: Utopia
    BLACK CHERRY: Hairy Trees
    SUPERNATURE: Slide In
    SEVENTH TREE: Eat Yourself
    HEAD FIRST: Voicething
    TALES OF US: Alvar
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!