Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Track?.
  • 144 Comments sorted by
  • 아저씨 said:

To be honest, I never pay that much attention to the lyrics...I remember when I joined the old

GMB, and there was suddenly a bit of a "surprise" around here when it emerged, that Clowns
    is actually about titties...was really funny.

But to me it's mainly the melody, and in the case of Eat yourself, the combination with Alison's
    voice, which sounds somehow special, kind of sad and fragile (well, at least to me)...

:x

I can't tell you how comforting your response is really. Like you, I don't pay much attention to lyrics either and people are usually a bit taken aback by that. I've often felt like I'm a bit on my own because of that. I am more concerned with the music, arrangements, mood and delivery of vocal.

I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Jozzy81 said:

SUPERNATURE = Ride A White Horse

B-) :D ;) :)

And  \:D/
  • B-) :D ;) :) \:D/ :-bd ^:)^ that will do. :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Seeing as you have been discussing Frapp tracks that make you cry. Well Annabel does with me. But i still love it sooooo much.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Archway said:

아저씨 said:

To be honest, I never pay that much attention to the lyrics...I remember when I joined the old

GMB, and there was suddenly a bit of a "surprise" around here when it emerged, that Clowns

But to me it's mainly the melody, and in the case of Eat yourself, the combination with Alison's
    voice, which sounds somehow special, kind of sad and fragile (well, at least to me)...

I can't tell you how comforting your response is really. Like you, I don't pay much attention to lyrics either and people are usually a bit taken aback by that. I've often felt like I'm a bit on my own because of that. I am more concerned with the music, arrangements, mood and delivery of vocal.

That makes three of us :)

• Make that four. Pronounciation by Alison is somewhat difficult to understand anyway, but I don't really care. I listen to the melody, the rythm, the instruments, etcetera. That makes listening to Goldfrapp worthwile! Usually I read the texts in the booklet several weeks later than the first time that I listen to the music, but most of the time I forget the texts soon.
    Only the very striking text lines stay in my head for a long time, like "falling lemon moon /
    you burn then crash in dirty snow". That is because they are just sublime. :)
  • Archway said:

아저씨 said:

That makes three of us :)

Yeah! Good to know there are more of us out there. I've been accused of being shallow because I don't pay much attention to lyrics. It's just not that important to me.

• Make that four. Pronounciation by Alison is somewhat difficult to understand anyway, but I don't really care. I listen to the melody, the rythm, the instruments, etcetera. That makes listening to Goldfrapp worthwile! Usually I read the texts in the booklet several weeks later than the first time that I listen to the music, but most of the time I forget the texts soon.
    Only the very striking text lines stay in my head for a long time, like "falling lemon moon /
    you burn then crash in dirty snow". That is because they are just sublime. :)

I love Alison's pronunciation, particularly if you can't quite understand what she is singing. It is one of the big reasons why (but not the biggest) my favourite Goldfrapp track is Deer Stop!

Good to see you are also not too concerned with the lyrics, Jeronimoo! I never read the lyrics, but like you, some do stand out at times. Those are the ones I remember.
  • We're not alone out there...

:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!