Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Track?.
  • 144 Comments sorted by
  • Oh I can't choose, I fail at this.

It changes frequently, so I always make my own Goldfrapp playlist and mix up the albums 

• It happened to me, again, today.  I'm strolling along listening to my playlist and "Utopia" comes on.  So, I start thinking, "that's gotta be it!  That song just knocks me out!"  A few songs later, "Pilots" comes on.....then, "Slippage".  How's a boy to choose??!?!?!

The other interesting thing i that, usually, when the same artist comes on two times in one stroll, much less two in a row, I get annoyed.  Never happens with Goldfrapp.
  • Tie between Paper Bag, Pilots, Crystalline Green, Tiptoe, Clowns, Alvar, Lauren, and Clay.
    Post edited by Felt_Mountain at 2013-08-03 18:50:24
  • I'll do per album:

Felt Mountain: Utopia
    Black Cherry: Hairy Trees
    Supernature: Slide In
    Seventh Tree: Eat Yourself
    Head First: Voicething

I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Today it's.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • My favourite track has always been Utopia, closely followed by Lovely Head. However, I'm completely addicted to Drew at the moment. I get the feeling my love for Utopia may soon been surpassed by Drew.

• tvpatrol said:

I get the feeling my love for Utopia may soon been surpassed by Drew.

I'm surprised by that as you've mentioned on a number of occasions how much you adore Felt Mountain.  Drew got the biggest cheer during the Manchester shows but I put that down to familiarity.  For me, it was a (respite/safe haven) during the nerve-racking rollercoaster of emotion.  I was relieved by the end of Wednesday that I liked all the tracks and even more pleased that I would be able to enjoy the box set which was bought with true faith.

I think that Tales of Us will become one of my favourite albums.  However, Utopia is kind of that first born child (not that I have any) who will always be extra special.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • got to be Drew today..... ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Same here. Got chills about 3 times when listening to it.

Or perhaps Jo. That's sounding better and better to me.

• @Low - I totally agree with you about Jo.  In fact once the album is out I don't think Drew will be in my top 3.
    :-O
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Rocket. Ride a white horse. Utopia and Monster love
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Deer Stop.

I can't imagine that this will change, ever. There are other Goldfrapp songs I love, but Deer Stop is in a different category for me. It is the ultimate Goldfrapp song.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Felt Mountain: 'Deer Stop'
    Black Cherry: 'Hairy Trees'
    Supernature: 'Satin Chic'
    Seventh Tree: 'Eat Yourself'
    Head First: 'Believer'
    Tales Of Us: 'Jo'

What about the B-sides, can we include them too?
    I'll take 'Gone To Earth', since it's the most played one by me in this category.
  • yep B-sides can be included... :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • 'You never know' is still up there for me, it took trip-hop to another level where I am concerned but it's probably just me, but that song is one I always go back to, love the 'sound' of it.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!