Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Track?.
  • 144 Comments sorted by
  • Clowns.

• DEER STOP
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Okay, y'all knew it was coming, so I might as well get it out of the way....

The one currently playing.

• Hairy Trees used to be my fave, but I go through phases. Currently i'm in a Time out from the World phase...her words, the strings..breathtaking. ( I even like the remix http://youtu.be/qpKkeZWIvtI ) Also Pilots..(still to this day) makes my heart skip a beat.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-07-07 01:51:17
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Well though I adore Slippage very much, I truly don't have a favourite song by the band. I simply can't choose. But one song that does have significant importance to me is the acoustic version of "Road To Somewhere" from the Happiness EP. If you don't wanna read my tale I suggest you skip now ;) It was several years ago, and I was living on my own in a small town away from everyone i knew, working 50 hours a week in a factory that repaired tents the military used, covered in blood and sand and riddled with bullet holes (no joke). I had graduated high school and the few friends I had were gone (I was sort of an outcast for being gay. Go figure).
    One morning I had contemplated that things were going nowhere, and was preparing to take my life. I went to the computer to prepare a playlist of songs to accompany the event, and decided to spend all of the money left in my bank on itunes. The first song I clicked on was the acoustic "Road To Somewhere". I played it, and utter euphoria went through me, tears streamed down my face, and it brought me hope, it brought me purpose. Goldfrapp really did save my life, and always when I have a bad day, it sustains me and keeps me full of light, joy and hope. I'd give anything to meet Alison, just to thank her, hold her for a moment and show her how much beauty and happiness she and Will have brought to my life. I'm in a wonderful relationship with a man who would give me the world if possible, am making a decent income, saving for college to become a novelist, and it's all thanks to that moment back in 2009. 

Sorry for the novel, it's always so hard to stop writing because I know you of all people understand how Alison and Will bring a bit more sunshine into our lives. 

:P
  • Thanks for sharing, Slippage.  That was beautiful.  Spooky, since that makes two such stories in which Goldfrapp intervened to save a life.  I wish the other could be convinced to tell his.  I'm halfway convinced Goldrapp can save the world!  Maybe ToU will do it!  :)
  • that's a wonderful story mate :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • GOLDFRAPP will bring world peace... ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Thanks, slippage. That's an idea for a novel, isnt it? - take a bunch of us lot and see how GF songs have formed part of our own life stories. It could be called "Tales of Us"!
  • That would be a wonderful addition to the deluxe book.......... hint hint......
  • ^ I'm very glad you stuck around. Thanks for sharing tour story Slippage, it's a good one.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Aw, thanks! I would have missed out on Head First, the Judas Goldfrapp remix, and the resurrection of the band in Tales Of Us if I didn't, as well as chatting with you fine folks here! Love to you all xx and thanks for the warmth!

• Slippage have you looked at authonomy? It's an online community for aspiring writers.... Might be of interest to you :)

In other news today I'm enjoying the Itunes originals version of Paper Bag...
  • My most wanted to hear track Live has got to be Ride A White Horse no questions asked... :D

never seen Goldfrapp Live due to illness, but i'm going to see them live for the first time on wednesday 17th & thursday 18th july.... you all know where at :D
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm fairly certain Ride A White Horse won't be getting an airing at the Manchester shows. I wonder what they will play besides the new album, I seem to remember Alison saying a few classics will be played, but I will imagine it being more laid back like the show in Hackney in 2011
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!