Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
How did you get into Goldfrapp?
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • I was browsing a music blog and came across a review for Head First. I downloaded it because I fell in love with the cover art, hahaha!

I liked the record very much, so I decided to download everything else, but didn't really take my time to listen to them with attention. Then "Eat Yourself" came up on random one day and it turned from infatuation to love!
    Post edited by Glitterizer at 2015-10-07 18:41:21
  • I love this thread ! We all got in somehow differently.
    Welcome Glitterizer !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I love this thread ! We all got in somehow differently.
    Welcome Glitterizer !

Thanks! I'm loving it here.
  • Some interesting characters. Old names no longer posting but they pass through and graze the fresh grass occasionally if you know where to look. Nice to have some new blood and fresh perspectives.
    There's a first gig thread and several others places where you can tell us a bit more if you want.
  • Some interesting characters. Old names no longer posting but they pass through and graze the fresh grass occasionally if you know where to look. Nice to have some new blood and fresh perspectives.
    There's a first gig thread and several others places where you can tell us a bit more if you want.

Unfortunately I've never seen them live, as I'm not in the Europe/North America circuit. I'm from Brazil but not near the city they performed at here, sadly. I hope to have the pleasure of seeing them in this lifetime, haha!
  • Next best then is to look at the many live vids on YouTube, some shot by myself (ahem!) I think we have about 12 tracks on our channel. Look for Lisa Rippon's channel (Mrs UT).
  • Was browsing the singles charts and spotted an entry called "Train" by Goldfrapp, was curious to hear it and that was it, hooked.

Unfortunately I've never seen them live, as I'm not in the Europe/North America circuit. I'm from Brazil but not near the city they performed at here, sadly. I hope to have the pleasure of seeing them in this lifetime, haha!

By the way Gltr, first gigs is not only your first Goldfrapp gig but also your very first gig whoever it was.
    As I have already written further up this thread, mine was Black Sabbath as a 16 year old ( a long time ago).
    How on earth did I get here ??
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-10-11 15:13:24
  • Hi 'Frappers!

How i have been frapped...

I must admit that i knew about 'Frapp for years - heard their first song some nine or ten years ago... My last.fm profile says that I scrobbled them 25 times, and I remember that I liked them. But no effect. I even knew that Goldfrapp is Alison AND Will...I didn't returned to them nevertheless.
    It was a month or two ago when when reading somewhere about electronic music, trip-hop or something similar name Goldfrapp popped to my head. It rang a bell and I decided to find video on YouTube and check it out.
    It was Strict Machine from Glasto 2014 I think... Then clicked next vid and another. I liked them. After few videos I started to spot some similarities and faces. Badass bassist... Cool bearded guy... That lovely hairy keyboardist... Wait, keyboardist I wrote? Yes, i was interested who this people are. Some of them had their entries on Wikipedia... But not the keyboardist. I investigated. I knew more and more about Goldfrapp... I loved Alison. I loved Angie I liked the guys. I was frapped.

Post edited by Turqs at 2016-11-18 18:30:49
  • Oh, I also wondered about one thing. Why the band is set up differently on Live at Somerset House concert than on most likely every other gig afterwards? Early instalment weirdness? I mean - Davide is in front, drum set is in back right of the stage, an Angie on the left. It was common in 2003 and then they realised that it's better to have two girls in the front row instead of one? Or were it only for that one gig?
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-11-21 17:41:57
  • Have you been on the Catnip WW?
  • New World or something European? I have a fondness for 20 year old St Emilion Grande Cru!
  • Box.  Honestly, UT, I hate St. Emilion of any kind.  Cabernet, you can't go wrong.  My rule for expensive wines is that if the name starts with "P", it's really good and incredibly expensive.  Damn, UT, you're getting me into an actual conversation!  That wasn't supposed to happen.  Oh, and there there is Paulliac.  Brilliant wine.  But, let's see.  Chateau Latour Pomerol for $400 per bottle or a box of Cabernet by just about anyone for $15 for 5 bottle.  Hmmmm.  Okay, the Pomerol is a little better.  I did find a Latour Bordeaux for about $11 a bottle once. Bought 20 cases.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!