Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Jozzy81 said:

Still feeling down, been out walking most of the day & got news that the boss hung himself off a crane at the factory he owned over the weekend, people believe it was the death of a 24 year old worker who died there just over 2 weeks ago that..................................

OMG
    Have affected staff been offered any sort of councelling paid for by the Company. That's two deaths in one firm that could upset a lot of people? Not good :(
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-10-08 12:11:41
  • Me today. Still got belly ache and swollen tummy. Keep taking Gaviscon to help but it just comes back. Can't be arsed to go doctors as there a bunch of wallys and will probably lose any prescription they give me (see rant thread). I think it's all these grudges I hold giving me bad pains!
  • The factory of coruse as not been open since the first accident & now the boss has died i don't think it will re-open for a long time, i do believe the staff have been offered councelling has most liked the boss he was a very friendly & treated all workers like family, hard work but a very friendly atmosphere.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Well i am fine. Was my sisters birthday yesterday. Her first one since my parents split up after just over 40 years marriage. Basically for loads of stupid different reasons it kicked off with upset for a few family members. Knock on effect of the split. I always said, Things would never be the same. Oh i was right. Probably more trouble to come. I have taken a bit of a back seat. I have my own household to deal with. Really wish life could be a bit more simpler.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Ticket for a gig came - happy , bits and bobs included in boxset increased - happier , three mugs of coffee - up on the ceiling .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Ticket for a gig came - happy , bits and bobs included in boxset increased - happier , three mugs of coffee - up on the ceiling .

Its all gone down the shitter , heard a fragment of Paris Hiltons single/aural shitefest     :(
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Earlier this evening I was eating mango chutney made by A_is_A's neighbour some 4300 miles away!
    On my second cup of gorgeous Black Cherry tea, also sent over by A_is_A

Indirectly A's loveliness sparked off a lovely group Twitter-hug including Alison.

This place, for all that niggles some, really does do the honours so often. Therefore feeling cosy, regardless of the howling gales outside :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Therefore feeling cosy, regardless of the howling gales outside :)

How could they not make it even cushier?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-09 17:02:46
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • still down & feeling a little sick......
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Had a really nice evening with friends and lots of laughs etc. Got really upset when I found out an old friend from school who I'm still in touch with on FB lost her Mum in May. She had been misdiagnosed by her doctors until she found out she was "riddled" with cancer and was too late for them to do anything for her. I nearly bawled my eyes out in the restaurant as she was such a lovely lady and didn't deserve a sad death like that. She looked after me a lot like I was one of the family and just regret not keeping in touch properly with the family instead of the usual "hi" on FB. Tragic :(
  • That's a sad tale, Helen.

There is often no rhyme or reason with illness & passing. A couple years ago my Mum's best friend - they'd known each other for over 60 years - developed Alzheimer's and at one point couldn't even recognise my Mum, and eventually died aged 76. Particularly sad as she had bloomed late in life, going to university (Cambridge) in her 40s and had then written several novels.. very bright woman.

• But glad to hear - apart from hearing that news.... that you had a nice evening out. :-)
  • ^
    Yes it was a great evening. Just that news knocked me for six. I just can't believe it.
  • My kid refused to go to School. Horrible day.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Off for 5 days , a gig included and watching the Maida Vale show thingumie as I`m off . Chips + Agents of Shield + New mix I`ve McFound + Legend of Sleep Hollow = Friday evening Woot . 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!