Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain Instrumentals
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • Not a fan of karaoke, just a crazy fan of Goldfrapp.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Exactly! I've fallen in love with the instrumentals from Seventh Tree & Supernature.
  • Pineapple said:

What an interesting idea. I'd certainly get more pleasure from listening to the instrumentals-especially for FM, all the strings, piano etc. it'd add to the experience for me I reckon...

I wouldn`t sit down to listen to them , but I`d certainly have them as superior mood music in the background 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

...I`d certainly have them as superior mood music in the background 

That would work.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • don't get me wrong folks I would sure be happy enough to have the instrumental tracks on " as superior mood music in the background ", or just when the old mp3 is playing away at random.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-02 14:57:06
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The odd, and good, thing I've found about listening to an instrumental version of an album is what that then does when you go back to the normal version.

As others have mentioned, it's very hard when you listen to an album with a vocal not to focus on that in terms of sound and expectation. Take that away and it's surprising how many little details you spot that you otherwise miss, either because your focus was elsewhere or because they're under the vocal itself.

When you then play the full version again you can then often have a different ear to some of those parts, bringing what you've heard new from the instrumental one and reinforcing that in the normal one.

I've sourced quite a few instrumental versions, Goldfrapp or otherwise, and it's very rare therei isn't some sort of revelation on at least a couple of tracks.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I just think you get a whole new appreciation for the track, any track really....
  • The odd, and good, thing I've found about listening to an instrumental version of an album is what that then does when you go back to the normal version.

As others have mentioned, it's very hard when you listen to an album with a vocal not to focus on that in terms of sound and expectation. Take that away and it's surprising how many little details you spot that you otherwise miss, either because your focus was elsewhere or because they're under the vocal itself.

When you then play the full version again you can then often have a different ear to some of those parts, bringing what you've heard new from the instrumental one and reinforcing that in the normal one.

I've sourced quite a few instrumental versions, Goldfrapp or otherwise, and it's very rare therei isn't some sort of revelation on at least a couple of tracks.

this, this, this, all of this. this actually happened to me today - i've been hammering a track a lot lately, and i bought its instrumental on itunes last night, and there's so many little intricacies in the music that i'd never noticed!

it's also happened to me with goldfrapp, certain tracks on supernature in particular. oh and the strict machine instrumental - somehow in like ~7 years of listening to it i'd never noticed that big bubbly synth leading back into the chorus/outro from the middle 8.... then BAM there it was
  • I love instrumentals.

Dissection of a song always leads to wonderful discoveries.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

I love instrumentals.

Dissection of a song always leads to wonderful discoveries.

Indeed, but for me that's something completely different--presuming we're talking about the studio tracks sans vocals. Though they're not particularly entertaining to me, it can be fun to study them.

Who else remembers the old instrumentals that were actually remixed and embellished to create interesting new versions of songs? Does anyone still do that?
  • You mean remixing instrumentals? Isn't it just a remix?
  • No, that is not what I mean.
  • What do you mean then?
  • Alan said:

What do you mean then?

iuventus said:

...remixed and embellished to create interesting new versions of songs?

• Anyway, if anyone's got BC Instrumentals, please PM me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!