Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain Instrumentals
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • I never understand why artists don't make instrumentals available on iTunes for example, I'm sure we would all happily pay for them. Tori Amos did it with one of her last ones-it was amazing.

We can but dream....
  • Perhaps they don't want to? So far only Clowns has been readily available...
  • Yeh fair enough. Just don't understand why....
  • I don't understand either. I mean it's just Instrumentals FFS.

More releases, more money.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • But surely no artist would want their rare promos to be traded or sold for megabucks so why not just cut out the middle man and release it yourselves and take the monies?

Makes sense to me, especially when Goldfrapp have created promos for their last few albums. Well, not Goldfrapp but the record companies.
  • Pineapple said:

But surely no artist would want their rare promos to be traded or sold for megabucks so why not just cut out the middle man and release it yourselves and take the monies?  

Because its not worth getting out of bed for . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Don't you think that instrumentals compromise the quality of their product? Incomplete compositions? Karaoke tracks?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Don't you think that instrumentals compromise the quality of their product? Incomplete compositions? Karaoke tracks?

My mind thinks of it like the vocal versions showcase Alisons voice , even when she`s not singing , you`re awaiting it . The instrumentals could arguably be showcasing Wills skills and the depth of the music behind Alisons vocals , that said , I listen to a lot of instrumental music . 
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • But are they actually instrumental versions or just the studio tracks sans vocals?
  • Depends how they were mastered as you wouldn`t need to cut frequencies etc with no vocals in the mix sans vocals , or if they`re pukka instrumentals they`d have different frequencies boosted perhaps . But none of us have ears like desert foxes , could we hear the difference anyway ? ie on phones and mp3 players .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-02 12:07:17
  • Goldfrapp without Alison's voice??!?!!!!  No thank you.
  • Sartori said:

Depends how they were mastered as you wouldn`t need to cut frequencies etc with no vocals in the mix sans vocals , or if they`re pukka instrumentals they`d have different frequencies boosted perhaps . But none of us have ears like desert foxes , could we hear the difference anyway ? ie on phones and mp3 players .

It was a rhetorical question really. The previous "instrumentals" are clearly just the studio tracks. True instrumental tracks would have melodies, various riffs, and other odds and ends.
  • It's just a shame we don't really have the option. Ah well, one day....
  • One or two instrumentals on a deluxe edition would be OK and intersting to me but a full instrumental album would seem a bit pointless unless you are a fan of karokee I guess :O
    No whatever rocks your boat, that's just how I see it.
    But sure they exists, I just can't imagine it lending anything to the pleasure of listening to it, no I know I would have a lessened pleasure as a result of listening to FM instrumentals.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-02 13:22:39
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • What an interesting idea. I'd certainly get more pleasure from listening to the instrumentals-especially for FM, all the strings, piano etc. it'd add to the experience for me I reckon...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!