Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
BBC 3 Big Band - `Alive with Music Festival`
  • It hasn`t been broadcast yet , a big band version of A&E - 

BBC Big Band - Alive with Music Festival

Duration: 
    1 hour, 30 minutes
    First broadcast:

Sunday 30 June 2013
    Members are: Musical Director & Sax:- Julian Arguelles /Trumpets:- Mike Lovatt; Pat White; Brian Rankine; Martin Shaw / Trombones:- Gordon Campbell; Andy Wood; Ashley Horton; John Higginbotham / Saxes:- Howard McGill; Gemma Moore; Nigel Hitchcock; Martin Williams; Jay Craig / Piano:- Robin Aspland, Guitar:- Ian Laws, Bass:- Jeremy Brown, Drums:- Tom Gordon; Percussion: Anthony Kerr.">

Widely regarded as the UK's leading and most versatile jazz orchestra, the band broadcasts exclusively on BBC Radio, particularly on BBC Radio 2's long-running series Big Band Special. This is a fabulous chance to experience them live at City Halls, Glasgow for an evening of Big Band music by Abdullah Ibrahim & Chris McGregor as well as arrangements of music by Goldfrapp and tonight's conductor Julian Arguelles, presented by accliamed singer Claire Martin.
    Members are: Musical Director & Sax:- Julian Arguelles /Trumpets:- Mike Lovatt; Pat White; Brian Rankine; Martin Shaw / Trombones:- Gordon Campbell; Andy Wood; Ashley Horton; John Higginbotham / Saxes:- Howard McGill; Gemma Moore; Nigel Hitchcock; Martin Williams; Jay Craig / Piano:- Robin Aspland, Guitar:- Ian Laws, Bass:- Jeremy Brown, Drums:- Tom Gordon; Percussion: Anthony Kerr.

BBC Big Band, Julian Arguelles (Musical Director)A & E

Composer: Goldfrapp

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 11:33:12
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 42 Comments sorted by

• Good spot, sounds intriguing.  I shall set the PVR.

• It could be A&E in the stlye of `jazzhands` , ironically I`ll keep A&E on speed dial .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 11:36:48
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

It could be A&E in the stlye of `jazzhands` , ironically I`ll keep A&E on speed dial .

Read that as "jizzhands".
  • folklore said:

Freudian Slippage.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-28 11:48:29
  • folklore said:

Sartori said:

It could be A&E in the stlye of `jazzhands` , ironically I`ll keep A&E on speed dial .

We`ll see just how good it is first haha :ar!
  • Setting the TIVO as we speak........

Good find! =D>
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • You`re welcome , it came from one of these sort of days , wife in work , kids in school....

• Ooh I'd really like to see this! :)
  • intresting will tune in.... thanks ;)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Now how am I gonna remember this is on? I always forget.
  • Listening to it now, it's full of jazz grrrr, I hope you all appreciate this grrrr
  • Argghh
  • "Drink Feck Girls"
  • A trumpet instead of Alisons vocals......I feel like I'm in an elevator
  • ....of doom

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!