Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • make me sick

• 277 Comments sorted by

• I'm from a working-class background, am still, voted Labour in my youth etc.   The question is how are Labour any different? You have to split hairs to see any difference in economic policy in any of the three / four main parties.  Capitalism is the only game in town.  We're all fucked. 
    "Capitalism is based on the principle that everything has to be privately owned...." You might like to listen to this Noam Chomsky interview. Best to skip to 05:57 re the U.S. and secrecy but it goes on to cover relevant points.  Needless to say you have to watch an advertisement first... 8-|

My view?  Don't vote.  Fuck 'em.  People died to preserve the right to vote only to have a situation develop where none of the parties differ to any meaningful degree.  It makes a mockery of Democracy.  If you have to vote, I'd suggest voting Green.

• Ohh. And the fact that he is wearing a poppy has annoyed me even slightly more now.
  • They're towing the neo-liberal line, all of them. I don't trust their intentions after reading The Shock Doctrine and know for certain that is what George Osborne is inflicting on the UK after he said "the UK is open for business" in numerous speeches. This essentially is a dog whistle to corporations to buy up what they want and social infrastructure will suffer. Money will be diverted into private hands.

• And how do any of the other parties differ to a significant degree?

• They don't. I didn't make my point clear that I was regarding other parties aswell.
  • i knew this would have to be your thread folkie! haha, here's a little RSA animate video of a talk on capitalism i thought you might find interesting...
  • Yep have watched it before, it explains thing in a nice concise way :)  I think it should be shown in schools!
  • Me too, particularly the bit about wage repression. They need to do something about that.
  • Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• LuDux said:

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite

:-/

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-30 14:17:38
  • LuDux said:

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite

LOL...I was going to say something, but then realised you said it all!
  • We in Australia are facing the probability that we are going to have a conservative government by the end of the year. It is going to be a disaster. I feel like wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt! (no, make that  Bob Marley ) 
  • softlad said:

And how do any of the other parties differ to a significant degree?

clearly they do not, a couple are a bit less racist but thats it. labour died ages ago. Dunno bout the Green party. I quite liked them.
  • softlad said:

And how do any of the other parties differ to a significant degree?

Sadly they don't, they all seem to be converging slightly right of centre.
  • Another good thread. I am not gunna say too much. Osborne is vile and callous, it's an understatement.

Labour won't get my vote exactly as softlad says, if anyone 'deserves' MY VOTE then obviously it's the Green Party.

wow really suprised to see such a thread here and from Folkore AGAIN, good on you for choosing thought provoking topics :)>-
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!