Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison's Solo Material (and TikTok)
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • Looks like she lives in igloo nowadays
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Credits

• Low said:

It sounds like a dance remix of a Goldfrapp song. That is to say, all the interesting, quirky or melodic parts are stripped back or removed and replaced with a repetitive dance beat  :P

Maybe I'm being cynical. A lot of dance tracks aren't my cup of tea. I like the melody Alison's singing but I much prefer her first collaboration with Röyksopp (Impossible).

I agree with the remix thought. Digging Deeper sounds like some of the tracks on ‘We Are Glitter’.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Maybe this new Solo sojourn was needed to cleanse her palette, so to speak, say an amuse-bouchée or a sorbet course before coming back with another Goldfrapp album with Will? I’m sure they signed a new 3 album deal after ‘Head First’ & we also know she is still in contact with Will.
    Just a thought.
  • Low said:

Low said:

It sounds like a dance remix of a Goldfrapp song

According to a Facebook video update by herself, Alison says today's release of 'Digging Deeper' is "a version of a track that I will be releasing soon" which implies that it is, in a way, a remix of an existing song. 

:)>-

Also, new press photo just dropped: 
    imageimage

But believe it or not I've never posted an image to this board before so I don't actually know how to embed it.

Nice pic. The frill around her neck has me thinks of some of the crazy stage outfits she wore during the Hard First tour, the lampshade & the one that looked like videotape!
  • New track: Fever out Thursday or Friday
  • A preview of Fever can be heard here - https://www.beatport.com/release/fever/4005728

Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2023-02-15 13:20:20
  • So she's really We Are Glitter-ing all her debut solo songs before the album even comes out, eh

• There’s an Alison Goldfrapp solo gig on the 18th May at Here at Outernet in London. Tickets are on sale on ticketmaster on Friday but if you have O2 priority, you can buy them now. I’ve just acquired a few for Lisa & Michelle & Keith (Appy61)

• There’s an Alison Goldfrapp solo gig on the 18th May at Here at Outernet in London. Tickets are on sale on ticketmaster on Friday but if you have O2 priority, you can buy them now. I’ve just acquired a few for Lisa & Michelle & Keith (Appy61)

I'm glad to know most of the Frapp fam are going. It's too far for me to go. My anxiety would be too much!

In other news, Alison's Remix EP of 4 collaborated songs will be released for Record Store Day - https://recordstoreday.co.uk/rsd-list/alison-goldfrapp/

• Conformed for Glastonbury
  • Ooh. Album announced (“The Love Invention”) announced for May 12. Single out March 16: “So Hard So Hot”.
  • Alison Goldfrapp has set a towering bar for British synth-pop in the 21st century and she’s only just getting started. The magnetic London-born singer, songwriter and producer’s seven albums with Goldfrapp were fuelled by an unfailing modernity and a sixth sense for sounds that were more timeless than any trend. With the release of her debut solo album The Love Invention—an electrifying dance-pop suite—her multi-faceted musicianship reaches a new peak.

The Love Invention marks Alison’s reawakening as a dancefloor priestess, in an intoxicating showcase of the disco and house influences that have always been at the heart of her musical DNA. “So Hard So Hot” bottles the ephemeral joy of a dancefloor with its anthemic house beat, disco handclaps, and an exquisitely alluring vocal from Alison. The sense of uninhibited liberation courses through album highlights like “In Electric Blue,” a yearning synth-pop confection with a chorus as blissful as love’s first butterflies. On “Never Stop,” she is flooded with the rush of an all-encompassing love over a buoyant, rubberised beat; the sublime synth-pop of “Fever” is an ode to the intoxicating majesty of the dancefloor, with a chorus that explodes as if setting off a glitter cannon.
  • Vinyl looks gorgeous.
    So Hard So Hot is a total sensual bop!
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!