Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison's Solo Material (and TikTok)
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • Another one!

It seems like more than a vignette to me.  I am so excited that she's back.  Thank you, Alison.

Cool.  The album is out today!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2023-05-12 08:54:09
  • I'm really wondering if everyone already knows about her latest site?  I just ran across this.

or

Oh man!  All kinds of goodies on the site!

I'm going to add this link, also.  I liked the description of Alison.

I was redirected to this site.  You may not see it and I thought you might like to take a look. UK folks have a different set of choices.  I'm jealous.

I am just so blown away.  She's discovered herself with a vengeance.  Did you see the little rotating thingy?

It's just me but I sooo wish she had used 3rd Millennium instead of 21st Century.  We're launching a Millennium.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2023-05-12 09:53:54
  • Some old friends (Alison Botherers!) at the signing session at Rough Trade East
    this morning.
    Pete Hall
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2023-05-12 10:08:50
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Giancarlo Saba (of course he was there!) That body language from A is speaking volumes!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2023-05-12 10:12:46
  • And Craig Horner
  • Fab signing photos, guys. Look forward to more pics... from the Outernet gig - in 6 days!
    Post edited by LuDux at 2023-05-12 14:16:00
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Has anybody ordered the signed version from Banquet? Mine hasn't arrived yet and I've received no shipping updates whatsoever. I'm wondering if it's on its way or whether I need to chase it up.

• Low said:

Has anybody ordered the signed version from Banquet? Mine hasn't arrived yet and I've received no shipping updates whatsoever. I'm wondering if it's on its way or whether I need to chase it up.

OMG. i'm glad i'm not the only one then! each time i send out an email enquiring about my order i just get an automated response back.

I'm guessing that recordstore day was a bit nuts for them, and they became a little overwhelmed. Especially a couple of days after recordstore day you were able to make online purchases. I ordered my copy of the Remix EP from there as well as the signed LP.

Last email response was the following:

"Stock is picked and allocated to your order, and is now in the queue to be dispatched."

So hopefully, yours will be the same too!

If you do need to get in touch with them to give them a little nudge, i used the following email to chase: mailorder@banquetrecords.com

• Low said:

OMG. i'm glad i'm not the only one then! each time i send out an email enquiring about my order i just get an automated response back.

I'm guessing that recordstore day was a bit nuts for them, and they became a little overwhelmed. Especially a couple of days after recordstore day you were able to make online purchases. I ordered my copy of the Remix EP from there as well as the signed LP.

Last email response was the following:

"Stock is picked and allocated to your order, and is now in the queue to be dispatched."

So hopefully, yours will be the same too!

If you do need to get in touch with them to give them a little nudge, i used the following email to chase: mailorder@banquetrecords.com

You guessed correctly, cookie! Tbf they responded in under 24 hours, and it was thus:

These have already been signed and are being worked through as we speak. These personally signed ones can take a little longer as they are more complicated to organise, and as you may have seen we still have a sizable backlog of RSD mail order to clear (we've received several thousand orders since Record Store Day). Our small team is working round the clock to dispatch orders as quickly as possible - I'd expect the last of these to be with in the next week or so. Thanks for your patience here!

So basically it's coming. Just don't know when.
    Post edited by Low at 2023-05-18 12:02:05

• Low said:

Has anybody ordered the signed version from Banquet? Mine hasn't arrived yet and I've received no shipping updates whatsoever. I'm wondering if it's on its way or whether I need to chase it up.

I ordered one & mine hasn’t turned up yet but my account on their site says it’s been dispatched.
    I’ve emailed them for an update as that was the 15th!
  • I went to see Alison’s first solo concert at HERE at Outernet in London last Thursday. Met up with David Baxter, Elliot, Giancarlo, Helen Atkins (Hells Bells) Pete Hall, Keith gmb and a number of others.The concert was bloody fabulous. Alison looked so sharp & her vocals were stupendous. Only 3 of them on stage; a female Keyboard player I didn’t recognise & a drummer who looked like Supermario & then I realised it was Seb! He’s gone all Frankie ones To Hollywood!
    The good news peeps is that I got 7vids & so if you meander over to Lisa’s YouTube account, you can see them. If you don’t already follow her (why not? There’s over 200 vids from gigs on there, over 60 Goldfrapp ones) then here’s a link to So Hard So Hot & you will find the rest in the same place.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2023-05-21 14:21:36
  • Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2023-05-21 14:28:12
  • Honestly, this album has really surprised me with how much I've liked it. I knew I'd like it, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I have. I thought the absence of Will may leave out that "je ne sais quoi" but there are elements still there that are just great!

I thought the single released would be the best tracks on the album and all the others just filler, not the case here. Electric Blue has to be one of my absolute faves. The none remixed album version of Digging Deeper Now surprised me with how much I preferred that version way more than the remix.

I must also say just how radiant Alison is looking. Through press photographs to the live footage posted on YouTube, she's just a vision.

The album was released two days after my birthday, and what a birthday treat it was!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!