Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison's Solo Material (and TikTok)
  • The news is out there anyway but I thought it was worth making a thread about it:

Our Alison has gone solo and joined TikTok!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMY1YrtMQ/

Love it or loathe it, it'll be great to have regular updates about her music again. So far, anything about the future of Goldfrapp the duo is still uncertain.

• 88 Comments sorted by
  • The Love Reinvention, a more dancefloor heavy version of Alison's debut will be out Dec 8th. Not sure if it'll get a physical release.

Every Little Drop, a reworking of SLoFLo can be heard below

• There’s a short clip now of what I assume will be the first single: Digging Deep by Alison Goldfrap and Claptone. Sounds Ok but one can never be sure until the full thing is released. It’s very different from what’s come before but afraid some of the magic is missing.
  • There’s a short clip now of what I assume will be the first single: Digging Deep by Alison Goldfrap and Claptone. Sounds Ok but one can never be sure until the full thing is released. It’s very different from what’s come before but afraid some of the magic is missing.

I think the artwork is fantastic but I know what you mean. The clip isn't very long but I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

• I found this artwork

Post edited by myleredsonmoss at 2023-01-14 12:12:08
  • This is exciting!  Quite like the clip of audio personally.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Minute 51, this is credited as the original mix.

I am very scared, I guess if they really like it they'll be back at it and make more albums together... I hope so! Right now I'm feeling super sad.

• It sounds like a dance remix of a Goldfrapp song. That is to say, all the interesting, quirky or melodic parts are stripped back or removed and replaced with a repetitive dance beat  :P

Maybe I'm being cynical. A lot of dance tracks aren't my cup of tea. I like the melody Alison's singing but I much prefer her first collaboration with Röyksopp (Impossible).

• I think her little collab with Royksopp got her mingling with other folk in the dance music industry, so my bet is this record will be pretty upbeat and dancy. I certainly don't hate this and i actually like that it doesn't sound traditionally "Goldfrapp" she's making new solo stuff, so it will be different, :) let's see what's next to come.

People, please keep posting TikTok stuff here. I'd rather kill myself than have to sign up to another fucking app! Thanks! XXX
  • Reminds me a bit of early late 1990s/2000s electronic, which I quite like e.g Alex Gopher, Crystal Method, Orbital etc.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  •  I'd rather kill myself than have to sign up to another fucking app! Thanks! XXX

Sooo there.
  • There better be more to the song than those few words we hear in the clip… and a few chord changes! Seems the lyrical side has become quite repetitive.
  • After seeing logo I want collaboration with Groove Armada. Why yes, it's would called AGGA
    Post edited by LuDux at 2023-01-18 04:42:11
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I think Alison, Hanna Reid, and Florence Welch would be one hell of a show-stopper like has never been seen before.

I'd have to recommend Electric Ladyland.  I mean, it just suits, right?

Now that I think about it, I'd recommend it as a recording studio and a name.  Who better?

I'm not sure how they would mix the bands but, wow, that would work.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2023-01-18 12:15:02

• the video visualizer is out 

The lyrics

Everything has changed
    Everything has changed
    In my head
    In my heart
    In my veins
    Everything has changed
    Everything has changed
    In my head
    In my heart
    In my veins

Ooh I’m digging deeper now
    I know I’ll find a way
    I know I’ll find a way to the heart

In my head
    In my heart
    In my head
    In my heart
    In my head
    In my heart
    In my head
    In my heart

I know I’ll find a way
    I know I’ll find a way to the heart

Visualiser by Mat Maitland at Big Active

Post edited by myleredsonmoss at 2023-01-18 19:56:58

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!