Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • Lisa said:

I always look at things from a female point of view, so can't really imagine men being judged like that?

Depends on the field you're in. When discussing the topic, we tend to focus on women in the entertainment field, which is saturated with looks-based criteria, and men in the professional world. For a number of reasons, the data aren't comparable. Plus, women tend to like older men; men tend to like younger women.

On a side note, socially, it's probably far worse for gay men than for straight women.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 05:01:53
  • Lisa said:

Difficult for me to comment, being a gay woman and all that.

I do most of the judging in my field, I have to admit, haha!

Oh, the lezzos have it easier than any of us.
  • If Mirror had a head it would be shaking it over the sexist comments expressed in the Monica Bellucci to Star in New Video thread.

At one time Ms Goldfrapp seemed to defiantly stand against such superficial sexist things. Sadly she seems to have fallen prey to it herself, all of Felt Mountain, really, and then Clowns, Satin Chic, etc.
  • iuventus said:

Lisa said:

Oh, the lezzos have it easier than any of us.

haha! we just chuck a pair of dungarees on and some bother boots and we're away! (no need to do our hair as we've shaved it off)  :D
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 05:01:39
  • Lisa said:

Hahaha, do elaborate on that?!

See above you.

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-06-29 16:37:21
  • Mirror said:

If Mirror had a head it would be shaking it over the sexist comments expressed in the Monica Bellucci to Star in New Video thread.

i just had to have a look back at that thread, i'm not sure which ones you mean, as a woman i didn't feel there was anything offensive there? 
    just wondered which ones you felt differently about?
  • [Deleted]

Post edited by Lisa at 2013-07-04 05:01:20
  • such a fucking waste of time
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 10:55:00
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Lisa said:

Anyway, Alison won't be getting it easier now she's come over to our side, haha!

Mind, she's still catering to a general population.
  • At the end of the day the question should be if it matters that Alison can still reach those high notes.
    It's not what defines her.
    We all get older. I used to be able to lift two crates of beer. Seems a bit banal (is this proper English?). But that's just the way it is.
    They're still people made of flesh and blood, not machines.

Me, I like the little cracks and imperfections, makes me feel human (not a dud)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• I don't wanna talk about my personal life again least of all on this thread can we just be OK with that?

I didn't realize I'd written a single word about your personal life.

• Lisa said:

Haha, not all of us are like that!

I happen to be of the "lipstick" variety!
    But I do shudder at the state of some of my "sisters"!

Anyway, Alison won't be getting it easier now she's come over to our side, haha!

and i have long hair! (on my head  :) )

nah i think alisons still having to make the effort bless her, no dungarees for her!
  • Dreeke said:

They're still people made of flesh and blood, not machines.

Me, I like the little cracks and imperfections, makes me feel human (not a dud)

yeah me too. when Hardy described Tess (of the D'urbervilles) he said she was "perfect in her imperfections", he was right. its the flaws that make us.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!