Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • @KatRobin I believe a group of snails is called an escargot. Many groups of snails are called hors d'oeuvres (only in France though, of course. Those French will eat anything.)

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2019-10-06 05:58:45
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Be afraid. They’re getting bigger by the day and I’ll send em round to slimocate you ( you’d prob enjoy that tho..).
  • Who doesn’t enjoy a good sliming!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Actually, I’m a germaphobe. I mean, I don’t mind going out into the wilderness and getting dirty, but I’m not about to handle any snails. They carry parasites which can be deadly. Do you guard against that Kat? I guess they get a bad rap here, true.

Speaking about bad raps, I looked up Spongebob’s cute little snail, Gary, and this was the first thing I found! Kids these days-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Do I guard against it? Lol. My personal hygiene being questioned on a fan forum!!
    I am aware of the whole reptile salmonella / Snail and meningitis thing. And I am ( as always!) scrupulously clean! Far more bugs to worry about when you work in schools ( I guess I’ve got a relatively good immune system!).
  • If I thought it might knock a few years off I’d happily let em bimble over my fizzog.
  • Looks like the forum police are at the donut shop!
  • Some years ago, while we were in San Francisco, we paid a visit to an area called Twin Peaks, which is an undeveloped high point on the edge of the city with great views. There was about 12 Cop cars there and loads of cops all very happy and congratulatory with each other. Then a van turned up and more got out with loads of Pizza boxes and started dishing the Pizza’s out. All very happy so we asked why and one said they had just completed a large drug bust and taken some Crims into custody that they had been after for years.
    Feeling cheeky, we said, ‘but we thought American cops liked Donuts?’ And he laughed and replied that we watched too many Cop shows!
  • Still chuckling over a very British post with ‘Bimble’ and ‘Fizzog’ in it !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!