Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 277 Comments sorted by
  • A different kind of war is being waged. What annoys me the most is, at our level, the public level, it is one of hearts and minds and a lot if the public are so easily duped by lies and propaganda. Many of them have become emboldened to be seen as openly racist; an opinion that has been given to them by the media; particularly the newspapers who are spouting the creed of Billionaires who don't care a fig about us, particularly the poor, the homeless, or the disabled.

The war on truth UT. Also a war on intelligence, logic and common sense. Brexit and Trump have always seemed to move parallel to eachother; one scandal there is followed by another here etc. Both are problems that are entirely self inflicted and in any normal universe would be easily sorted by holding the glaringly obvious criminals in charge to account, so we could focus on actual issues like homelessness, mental health, poverty, putting little children in cages and global warming, which isn't even being subtle with its warnings anymore.
    Humanity has been massively dumbed down in the last 4-5 years. We now have two fat, narcissistic blonde bimbos with no sense and no conscience running the western world to prove it.

• Not wishing to sound like a Milenial, but I think the appropriate response here is
    Word!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It's ok; the term predates millennials.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sorry, I haven't read any of this thread so forgive me if
    it's already been covered

Having spoken to a
    few people who are tory supporters and then watching stuff on TV, some of them
    appear to have an almost admiration for Donald Trumps work overseas. Ok, I
    think it’s probably due to the things I follow and the people I follow, so
    naturally everything Trump has done is completely crap and totally racist in
    every single way. But these people sing his praises. What are these
    "great" things they talk about? What are these "amazing"
    things he's done? I don't get it. Where do I go to read to find out all the
    great positive things he's done because I’m obviously reading all the wrong
    stuff.

This is purely
    because I want to approach his presidency with a more neutral view. I think
    he's absolutely diabolical. But I’m just so curious as to why so many people
    think the sun shines out of his arse... 

EDIT - i'm sorry this post looks a little off, i copied and pasted it into word to check my spelling etc and pasted it back and got a load of gumpth added to the post, so i've been trying to get wrid of it and now it looks like this... I blame Trump...

Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2019-08-03 13:44:01
  • Occhams Razor suggests that Trump is just an extreme right wing capitalist who is obsessed with white being right, the advancement of his personal fortune and adulation by people who tell him he is great.
    If you look up the typical manifestations of Borderline Personality Disorder, you can see Trump staring back at you to a degree that is quite scary!
  • A diagnosis is presenting 5 or more of these.
    He's a slam dunk for all 9!
  • Now if I'd seen this weeks ago Id have felt better -
    "Nigel Farage.....stool encrusted wank stain".
    My loss!
  • So been a few months since nothing posted here and as something important is happening on Thursday, a quick update.
    They are still scum. In fact, they’ve become scummier as time moves on. Lies, smears, obfuscation, a complete ineptness at everything they touch, 130,000 and counting dead thanks to their Austerity policies. Wreaking the NHS and planning to allow US corporations further access to vital services, schools underfunded and kids coming home with begging letters for parents to fund essential supplies, care in the community decimated. Grenfell, Windrush, Hostile Environment, no climate plan or indeed acceptance there is a climate crisis, the list of their crimes is as extensive as the day is long. 
    Important that you vote on Thursday, no excuses. Vote Labour and vote tactically if you are sure that someone else has a better chance of unseating a Tory. Don’t get me started on the complete own goal and Tory conceit that is Brexit. Corruption, criminality and crass elitism. We need to make a stand so ensure you do your part!
    The future of the country could depend on it. 
  • Thanks for attending my TED talk!
  • *applause*

Can't say anything other than I totally agree.

• I got a mysterious parcel today. Inside was a pair of clown shoes, and a note that said, "Instructions follow".
    I have no idea who sent it, but the note was signed "From Don and Vlad"

What can it mean?
  • What is the definition of a dictatorship?
    Is it where you can only be ruled over by one party and the collected media collaborate to demonise any opposition and polish up and obscure all the mistakes made by the turd of the ruling party that presides over us, on the pretext that its ‘in our best interests’?
    If so, then we are living in a Dictatorship, controlled by Billionaires obsessed with the acquisition of money.
  • I caught 30 minutes of the film Hunger Games last night and the parallels in the origins of that story’s conceit to our current situation is striking and frightening in equal measures.
  • So fed up with people saying to "respect the vote", "respect democracy".

One of the first, most important cornerstones of a democracy is a free and impartial press. We do not have that. Therefore we do not have a proper, unbiased, functioning democracy. So while I can accept these horrible outcomes one after another, I actually don't respect them. Why should I, or any rationally thinking person? If the foundations of the elections are rotten, why should we agree with their outcomes when they've been achieved by crooked and unlawful means?
    Post edited by Low at 2019-12-15 10:02:17

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!