Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 135 Comments sorted by
  • Well. Seems like they are officially on ‘hiatus’ for a while. See last blurb from; https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/tvfilm/8527620/will-gregory-interview-scoring-serengeti

Well that's a bit disheartening and somewhat confusing seeing as I came here to talk about Alison's Instagram story, talking about her "Studio View"...

• Low said:

Well. Seems like they are officially on ‘hiatus’ for a while. See last blurb from; https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/tvfilm/8527620/will-gregory-interview-scoring-serengeti

Well that's a bit disheartening and somewhat confusing seeing as I came here to talk about Alison's Instagram story, talking about her "Studio View"...

Going to assume that’s a photography studio... but could be wrong. 
  • That's a real shame, guess things are on the back burner then huh?  I reckon it'll be another 3 years or so before we get another album from them, then.  
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Hoping that’s not the case... I feel like they both have a lot more to say when it comes to musical expression. Could be wrong of course. I’m hoping the interview is a few weeks old and that Will was saying they have been on a hiatus... perhaps we are at the tail end of it already and we just don’t know.
  • Looking back a past albums, they always seem to be prefixed by Alison touring around gathering influences, which is what she appears to have been doing for the last 18 months, really since the end of the last tour.
    When Will says they have been on a hiatus, well they have really since Silver Eye came out. He appeared at a few gigs but as to actively musically collaborating then the last 2+ years has been a hiatus. I’m hopeful that we may have some news next year. May not see an album till Spring 2021 but they have contract commitments to fulfil I am sure.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • FM recording > tour(s) > hiatus > BC recording > tour(s) > hiatus > Sn recording > tours > hiatus > ..., etc, etc, etc
    Post edited by LuDux at 2019-08-26 13:18:04
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Well, not to rush their art, but in 6 months time it'll have been 3 years since Silver Eye... so if they haven't started writing yet I hope they do ASAP  :x

• Low said:

Well, not to rush their art, but in 6 months time it'll have been 3 years since Silver Eye... so if they haven't started writing yet I hope they do ASAP  :x

Agreed... surely we will get some tidbit of news shortly.
  • It's quite unbelievable to think it'll be three years.  It seems like it's been quick, but when I look closer at things a lot has happened.  Just seems like yesterday we were all on here listening to BBC Radio 6 eagerly awaiting that first listen of Anymore...
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Ponygurl said:

Or maybe something about cenotes, they're quite magical to swim in.

Or maybe something about the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, :).
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2019-09-12 09:07:55
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I'm actually thinking it will still be some time until we hear something new. This vinyl re-editions, while great, sound to me like they are buying their time. Lets hope I'm wrong and this is just great promo for a new album! :)
  • Announcement is coming soon. I can feel it. Or am I being delusional?
  • Well, on Twitter yesterday, this turned up!
    Odd thing to tweet if you are not cooking something up!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Well,something is happening

Post edited by LuDux at 2019-11-07 08:17:23
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • https://www.instagram.com/p/B4kIBsDFi_p/?igshid=jc1g9cb3vlwm

For sure.
    “Join (...) for some exciting news coming next week!”
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2019-11-07 08:21:00
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!