Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Collections (you know you have them ;) )
  • 162 Comments sorted by
  • ok, i have to ask. does the Goldfrapp stamp that you see in the Tales of Us promo vids exist???

i saw a pic a few days ago of some promo materials like slipcases and the usual stuff, but i swear in the image was also the Goldfrapp stamp thats used!?!?

i remember seeing the promo vids and thinking to myself, "oh, that'll make an amazing promo item!" :p

so - does it exist???
  • I'm curious what material differences there are between the (EU) gatefold vinyl of Tales Of Us and the one present in the boxset.

For instance, I see hype stickers on the separate edition, but not on the box set version. (Not needed, I suppose, for the fact the box has its own)

Unless I misheard, the boxset edition of the gatefold vinyl also has a different poster than the separate one?

Either way, I wonder if the EAN/UPC of the vinyl is different as well (would it be if there are different posters?)

Thanks for any info. :)
  • My box set (No 258) has a gatefold album. I hadn't noticed as I have never opened it. It's a bit like Schrodinger's album as I have no idea as to what is depicted inside the gatefold!
    Perhaps an inaugural play of the vinyl is called for.
    My Blondie album box set is the same, completley unopened and still in its shrink wrap.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm in the process of adding all of my 'Frapp collection onto Instagram - feel free to follow! @goldfrappcollection 
  • Does anyone know how I can get hold of the Silver Eye badges that were for sale back when the album was first released? All sold out on the website, and I’ve tried eBay too.. if anyone has them and is willing to sell them feel free to inbox!

• MOnster Love - i have an unopened set of silver eye badges for sale - dropped you a DM about it - i'd post a pic but cant work out how to do it on here lol
  • 76sparky said:

MOnster Love - i have an unopened set of silver eye badges for sale - dropped you a DM about it - i'd post a pic but cant work out how to do it on here lol

Ahh so sorry I missed this post @76sparky! Dm'ing you now :)
  • Hmm, those are the pressed button badges, yeah? Unless you're a stickler for having the original for completism, these are easily produced at home, and, sadly(?), eBayers make and sell reproductions of these types of badges constantly (not sure about these specifically, of course).

It's a pet peeve with me that bands, on the whole, stopped doing the enamel-type or even injection-molded plastic custom badges that were so popular in the 80s. Those are works of art that won't stain or become moldy when wet, and are less likely to rust. I love those.
  • Where do you draw the line on paying for certain items?

I keep getting alerts for items over on Discogs for promo items but these items are nearing £150 I've never paid near that much for any of my frapp items. And TBF, for the items that they are, i honestly don't think it's worth paying that much for them either. I feel like contacting the seller and asking them how they can justify pricing items like that so high. A lot of their other items are ridiculously high too...
  • Reminds me of a story I heard about "first edition" books on ebay, amazon, etc.  A lot of those books that are advertised as first editions are just that: advertised as first editions.  Snake oil salesmen by any other name.  Somebody out there probably has 150 they are willing to burn.
  • Reminds me of a story I heard about "first edition" books on ebay, amazon, etc.  A lot of those books that are advertised as first editions are just that: advertised as first editions.  Snake oil salesmen by any other name.  Somebody out there probably has 150 they are willing to burn.

it's the same with Record Store day releases. I can't easily get to my local record shop. So yeah, like a noob i buy whatever is available on Ebay, knowing that the price is going to be 3X as much as what it was brought at in store... :/
  • "noob".  Love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!