Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • As good friends on here will know, I’ve been away for a few weeks due to being upset about our poor dying dog, Boo. I wil post more info tomorrow, and tell you what else I’ve been up to, but before I start blubbing again I just wanted to give a big public shout out to UT. Thank you UT for being such a ggood pal and for cheering us up yesterday with your adorable llama gifts. We have only met the once, but it goes to show what a special community of loving folks we are on here. I will post some happy alpaca aand Hedgehog news tomorrow ( I lead a quiet life of simple pleasures!). Bless you UT and Mrs UT xxxxx
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • UTs are very special people.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Aw, gosh :\">
    Our pleasure Kat. The once meeting was at the Royal Naval College gig and several other meets have been discussed but never came to anything.
    Watch this space though!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Glad to see you back Kat. Who even knew UT had it in him, a heart I mean.

Queen, you're my best friend. (this is also a shout-out to a special queen I love, she knows who she is)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-08-16 04:20:59
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Much respect to the UTs for being decent human beings in times which often make that hard.

And warm  - if virtual - hugs from here to you, Kat. Looking forward to hearing more news x
  • Thank you (((xxx))). We had to say goodbye to our gorgeous fur baby Boo / Lucy on Friday morning. We held out for several days not believing she could go on and that she would pass away in her sleep but it didn't happen. However, she passed peacefully and gently on the lawn with the help of a lovely lady vet. Here are a couple of pictures of her from recent months. She was an unbelievably friendly and lovable dog with immense courage and her tail never stopped wagging tail the end.imageimage

• Earlier on Tuesday with smiles on our faces, Catherine and I and the friendly alpacas. image
  • Lovely pics, Kat. Hope your hedgies help ease the pain x
  • So sorry to hear the news Kat. Had to give the dark Prince an extra hug after reading it.
    =((
  • ¡Ay! I missed this.

Muchos abrazos, chamaquita :(
  • @kat Awwww, what beautiful babies. All of them! Animals are just the biggest blessing :x I say you can always judge the true character of people by their love of animals, you and Catherine are the best!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-08-21 10:55:57
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Just thought I'd share with you guys the reason I've been away from the forum for a while now, I am still alive!!
    I've got a new job - Im leading / creating (from scratch!) a new primary stage of a local school for SEMH kids (that's Social, Emotional and Mental Health, an acronym that never fits before the word pupils, but I don't make these things up). Ive been working my arse off writing the whole curriculum for all year groups 1 through to 6; ordering the furniture, stationery, you name it...managing a new staff team (great ladies - new friends), settling the kids in, crikey..even teaching! Next week I'll be making clay dinosaurs as well as designing assessment tools. Its a helluva load, but Im getting stuck in and loving it, despite having had a monster cold for 2 weeks already. 
    So I haven't forgotten you all, and I certainly haven't deserted our fave band for another (pah!), I just don't have a life anymore!! I will drop by to see you from time to time, but seriously...who wants to be regaled by a boring old fart like me. 
    UT - I will be in touch, thank You xxx
  • KatRobin said:

Just thought I'd share with you guys the reason I've been away from the forum for a while now, I am still alive!!

I've got a new job - Im leading / creating (from scratch!) a new primary stage of a local school for SEMH kids (that's Social, Emotional and Mental Health, an acronym that never fits before the word pupils, but I don't make these things up). Ive been working my arse off writing the whole curriculum for all year groups 1 through to 6; ordering the furniture, stationery, you name it...managing a new staff team (great ladies - new friends), settling the kids in, crikey..even teaching! Next week I'll be making clay dinosaurs as well as designing assessment tools. Its a helluva load, but Im getting stuck in and loving it, despite having had a monster cold for 2 weeks already. 
    So I haven't forgotten you all, and I certainly haven't deserted our fave band for another (pah!), I just don't have a life anymore!! I will drop by to see you from time to time, but seriously...who wants to be regaled by a boring old fart like me. 

That sounds brilliant Kat. Even if it is exhausting, it must be a great feeling to have that much autonomy - and a real relief after your last job. It'd be great if you could pop by from time to time to keep us up to date - I for one have a high tolerance of old farts (as my ageing cat will testify) x
  • KatRobin said:

but seriously...who wants to be regaled by a boring old fart like me. 

Me.
  • It's looking good Kat, shaping up nicely. I hopefully have some news on your request. Should know more tomorrow.
    Cryptic? I should say do. Runs in the family. ;)
  • KatRobin said:

Just thought I'd share with you guys the reason I've been away from the forum for a while now, I am still alive!!

How’s it all going Kat? Hope your both well. It was great seeing you both back in Peterborough in the summer
    Keep meaning to take Tina to Stamford one weekend so if we do I’ll let you know so if your both about for a meet up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!