Faux Suede Drifter
    Zodiac Black
    Beast That Never Was
    Everything Is Never Enough
    Moon In Your Mouth
    Ocean

Disc: 2

Ocean (feat. Dave Gahan)
    Anymore (Will Gregory's Don't Stop Now Remix)
    Everything Is Never Enough (Video Mix)
    Anymore (Joe Goddard Remix)
    Systemagic (Ralphi Rosario Lunar Eclipse Mix)
    Anymore (Whatever/Whatever Remix by Justin Strauss & Bryan Mette)
    Everything Is Never Enough (Chris Liebing Burn Slow Remix)
    Anymore (Ralphi Rosario Tek Vocal Mix)
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2018-05-20 11:42:23
  • 38 Comments sorted by
  • Hmm interesting, could this be for the festivals they are doing? bit of promotion for new fans? :)
  • Ohh, this is exciting :D 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Remixes, remixes, remixes...

• Boring.
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Boring.

My thought exactly.... In the amazon description "Featuring the original album plus remixes of such classic tracks as
    “Anymore” and “Systemagic” alongside two previously unreleased tracks
    (including a newly recorded version of “Ocean”)". Am I missing something? the unreleased tracks are the new mixes?
  • kaleb20 said:

HolyOwl said:

Boring.

My thought exactly.... In the amazon description "Featuring the original album plus remixes of such classic tracks as
    “Anymore” and “Systemagic” alongside two previously unreleased tracks
    (including a newly recorded version of “Ocean”)". Am I missing something? the unreleased tracks are the new mixes?

Come to think of it I’m a little miffed also. Here’s an amazing chance to get us unreleased remixes and extra tracks and what we get is basically the previously released EPs + one new remix of Anymore and the Ocean redo.
  • i think this is meant to appeal to the new fans they'll gain along the way while doing the live shows this year. Its kind of like a re-promotion tour to get the album noticed again. If you don't like it, don't buy it. simples :)

looking back (and im looking waaaay back), i do have to say - as fans we have been really spoilt in regards to content and special merch etc.
  • hmmm definitely some missed potential in terms of tracks included here...

is the video mix of EINE really different enough to warrant release?
  • I've got the special CD release of Felt Moutain and its second disc had all kinds of goodies on it, unreleased tracks etc.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I guess most pop musicians are going to get to a stage where they are mining increasingly thinner seams of creativity; I'm not sure I can think of any with the longevity of GF who continue to be as prolific in their later years. Having said that, one of the greatest things about the early GF was the playfulness of their "messages" and Xmas videos. I would rather listen to Will and Alison larking about than remixes. But they owe us nothing.
  • whispered said:

I guess most pop musicians are going to get to a stage where they are mining increasingly thinner seams of creativity; I'm not sure I can think of any with the longevity of GF who continue to be as prolific in their later years. Having said that, one of the greatest things about the early GF was the playfulness of their "messages" and Xmas videos. I would rather listen to Will and Alison larking about than remixes. But they owe us nothing.

I'm sorry but Goldfrapp are objectively not prolific, later years or not. Their albums come out with little fanfare/promo and almost no additional material. Granted, they at least still release multiple videos per album, but 10 songs every 4 years is not prolific.

Not to say that they owe us anything or that I care - I'm glad they're still releasing amazing work - but let's not pretend.
    Post edited by deep_honey at 2018-05-22 10:37:38
  • whispered said:

I guess most pop musicians are going to get to a stage where they are mining increasingly thinner seams of creativity; I'm not sure I can think of any with the longevity of GF who continue to be as prolific in their later years. Having said that, one of the greatest things about the early GF was the playfulness of their "messages" and Xmas videos. I would rather listen to Will and Alison larking about than remixes. But they owe us nothing.

I'm sorry but Goldfrapp are objectively not prolific, later years or not. Their albums come out with little fanfare/promo and almost no additional material. Granted, they at least still release multiple videos per album, but 10 songs every 4 years is not prolific.

Not to say that they owe us anything or that I care - I'm glad they're still releasing amazing work - but let's not pretend.

No need to apologise. I should have been clearer. I meant, "I can't think of anyone else with the longevity of GF who continue to be as prolific later in their later years as they were in their early years" i.e. everyone runs out of ideas eventually. I'd agree that GF have never been that prolific. Clearly Will has spread his musical talents much wider.
  • Could be worse. We could be Portishead fans. They make Goldfrapp look like good time album whores. Think they've had 3 albums in 21 years.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • do you think they make much off the special releases and memorabilia?

I'm just putting this out there as an open question and not a critique. I often think the same when Bjork releases all kinds of special editions of her albums and wonder how many folk are snapping them up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!