Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 118 Comments sorted by
  • I post my own pics from Flickr. You have to go to the download images page, then 'view all sizes' then click 'medium' ( you can use any but medium fit this site best) then 'download medium image' then copy the link that appears in the browser bar and then insert in a post using the insert image icon as Iuv has described. For pictures pllfered from the web, just copy their address ( usually you can right click on the image then copy it) then paste into a post here as previously described.
    Not easy, but nothing worth having ever is.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This is from Flickr. It shows my boy on the fields now we have a thaw going on.

• That almost looked like twenty inches until I looked out on the field.  I think Kat was right.  Just another example of the big brouhaha that the media likes to make to get a few more clicks.  That same happened here near the beginning of winter.  They were all excited because we were going see temperatures in the minus twenties, like that's ever a big deal.  And, since, then?  No winter to speak of.  Do they report on that?  Of course not.
  • The thing is, some places have had it really bad, like Scotland and Wales, but the news only report minimalistically on that. Some places have had it “ a little unusually troublesome”, such as Lincolnshire, where the slightest bit of snow causes the transport network to clog up and where there are bad roads anyway which always skews the fatalities statistics unfortunately. And then there’s London, where snow has fallen and the media go into drama overdrive with time lapse video, etc. Some rural places have literally been cut off and without power for several days and that has been dreadful for them, not to mention the casualties of RTAs etc. But generally, the media goes into a frenzy here about anything that is just a little left of centre, a little out of the norm. Like I said, we’ve had loads of Winters like this before! What causes consternation nowadays, in my view, is that the pace of life has stepped up so dramatically and people are under so much pressure to get to work, not to mention the over burdening if services and infrastructure, that we simply can’t cope with a clog in the arteries. Over-reactionism is a side effect of stress and intolerance. Here Enders my soapbox sermon. I’m fed up of wearing 8 layers of clothes by the way and that’s making me grumpy.
  • Shouldn’t this be in the Snow thread!??
  • Wah but we will let you off Kat...you need to blow off some steam and err heat? :-\"
  • That snow Dakota is standing on is 3 feet deep ( he's a big dog). We actually had about 10 inches across the whole Beast from the East episode WW, but we also had 40 mile an hour winds as we are at the top of a hill and around is very flat, and the reason why the fields look barer of snow is that the wind picked it up and dropped it wherever it met an obstacle. Just behind the camera in that pic is a Haystack and that is why that deep drift is there. This is why the roads and the rail lines were getting blocked as the wind was dropping the snow into them.
  • It looks like a lump of Vienetta!
  • @UT I'm seeing no download images page on flickr. 
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 06:57:49
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 07:21:45
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 07:20:55
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 07:20:10
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 07:19:25
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 07:18:23

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!