Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 94 Comments sorted by
  • Oh gosh im really welling up now. :(
  • Ive watched The Snowman every year without fail since aged 4 and always got teary eyed at it.

It's the same with Oliver! The Musical which i absolutely adore and Pollyanna. The Secret Garden too chokes me up.

I watched ALL the musicals and childhood dramas as a kid.

I even went to Dance & Drama school but stopped before my GCSE's.
  • ^ is it animated? I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' last night, good ol' Jimmy Stewart. They certainly drank and smoked alot back then. Anywho it gets me in the Holiday Spirit, it's a Christmastime Ultimate for sure❄️
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Yes it is animated. There is no dialogue but it's just super cute and emotional.

I love Dickensian stuff at Christmas too like A Christmas Carol, and anything by Thomas Hardy.

We need more period drama in the telly. As you can probably tell I'm a huge Jane Austen fan as well and have watched Emma and Pride and Prejudice over and over.
  • The Secret Garden was really good.  I can't remember if I cried or not.
  • Well it has Dame Maggie Smith in it and she is always fabulous in everything.

Oh i cry at everything. (Within reason) I'm a bit if a softy girly girl and a romantic so yeah ive watched all the Bridget Jones movies.

Let me think of other childhood movies.

A little princess. Think i still have it!

• I doesn't take much to get me crying, either.  I consider that a human quality.  The view of what is considered manly nowadays, disgusts me.  I prefer the idea of gentlemanly and consider crying about sadness part of that.  Crying is good for the soul. 

Bridget Jones!  Yeah!  I don't remember that being very teary, though.  Really brilliant and amusing, though.
  • I went with a friend of mine to see 'The Greatest Showman' about the Victorian entertainer P.T Barnum. I haven't seen a film which has enthralled me for a long time. It was a bit sing songy in parts but just adds to the glitz and theatricality.

Oh...and Mr Zac Effron is in it..and his eyes are mesmerising to say the least.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-12-30 18:52:06
  • I REEEEEEEALLY want to see this!

It's not oficially Ghibli, someone from Ghibli set up their own company which is why it has the look and feel of a Studio Ghibli film :)

it just makes me feel slightly excited that there's still stuff being made with the Ghibli charm and magic.
  • I'm in, Cookiee!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-01-27 19:40:50
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

I'm in, Cookiee!

God, how many times did i type Ghibli in my original post!?!? lol someone would think i worked for Ghibli or something.

I just have a very big love for all things Ghibli and i'm truly saddened that the studio don't seem to be making any more films... but then Mary comes along with her witches flower and perks me up a bit! :)
  • I'm not sure how this film got missed off here but 'Gone With The Wind' is one of my favourite ever films. And Vivien Leigh who plays Scarlett O'hara plays her to perfection. She is gorgeous, devious, selfish and a right cow but because she is so drop dead stunning she gets away with it.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-02-10 17:04:41
  • Going to see The Post this aft. It was a toss up between that and Early Man, which I wanted to see but a friend said it’s the story of men and football! Any opinions!?
  • You really wanna see men and football- together!! I don't think your ready for that kind of misery!!
  • Actually we went bowling and did Italian after! I lost. Only cos I let her win ha!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!