Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 94 Comments sorted by
  • Billy Elliott!!! I love that film so much.

• Just ordered Educating Rita.

I think I'm going to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel today.  What a cast!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-08-24 07:34:28
  • Way to go- Whickwithy tackles Scouser! A'right!
  • Ferry 'Cross The Mersey.  Nice song.
  • It's a great film Whickwithy- enjoy. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel also has a stellar cast. Again Dame Maggie is so sarcastic in delivery.
  • I did so enjoy it, Serenity.  

I know!  The cast was something else.  

The only one I couldn't pin down was Bill Nighy wife.  I recognized her but couldn't place her.  She really transformed for the role.

Yah, Dame Maggie stole the show, as usual.  She really is exceptional, isn't she?

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-08-24 20:45:12
  • So, thinking about Emma Thompson got me on a whole different track concerning movies.  Character actors just leave me in awe and Emma Thompson is one of the best.  Honestly, most actors just play themselves in a different role.  It's funny on a number of levels.  I just love one of her movies, 'Stranger than Fiction', and it is mostly just because she does such a spectacular job at playing her part.  Can't really say the movie is in my best list.  Dustin Hoffman is another one and I like one of his movies, 'Hero', for the same reason.  Don't get me wrong, they are both good movies and unique enough to be worth watching, just not spectacular.

The character actor that leaves me in utter awe is a younger actor, though, Karl Urban.  From the Horse Prince in Lord of the Rings to Doctor McCoy in the latest Star Trek movies, to the government assassin in Red, it seems I am usually about halfway through the movie before I realize it is the same guy!  His characterization of Doctor McCoy in Star Trek is just breathtaking.  I mean, he doesn't even do anything to look different and, yet, he completely transforms himself.  Staggering.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-08-25 06:51:25
  • Sean was always nice to Mish Moneypenny though.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This is really ironic but only 2 weeks ago did I see the film 'Stranger than Fiction' and likewise i liked the concept but it did drag. She has been in some good films in her time but the ultimate worst film she has been cast in is Nanny McPhee.

I'm sorry but nobody is a patch on Julie Andrew's Mary Poppins.

I'm not overly keen on Dustin Hoffan myself.

Tom Hanks and Harrison Ford are probably the best American actors of this century.
  • Leave Miss Moneypenny out of it!! Lol. That's my future role! Ahem. And i wouldn't be flirting with Sean Connery. Tom Hardy or nothing!!!
  • Papillon is up there on my list. The book is a must read. Am I showing my age lol?
  • In the same vein, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-08-26 05:52:03
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm waiting for The Limehouse Golem to air at the local cinema, looks good. Has anyone seen it?
  • New film alert: Geostorm (To be released on October 2017)

After an unprecedented series of natural disasters threatened the planet, the world's leaders came together to create an intricate network of satellites to control the global climate and keep everyone safe. But now, something has gone wrong: the system built to protect Earth is attacking it, and it becomes a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything and everyone along with it.

• Victoria & Abdul (Due for release in September 2017)

A film.about the unlikely friendship and alliance of Queen Victoria and her clerk Abdul. Dame Judi will be in fine form as always.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!