Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Entertain me! (the twisted & disturbing are welcome)
  • 1870 Comments sorted by
  • I've really got to try a toasted marshmallow. Probably come out looking like a burnt caterpillar!
  • It's true what they say that some things are worth fighting for, just not what mankind seems to fight over day to day.
    Injustice, in-toleration, corruption are all worthy to oppose. Anything that causes harm and suffering to others to gain benefits for the privileged few. My thoughts on this have become magnified over the last couple of years with the sheer blatancy with which some scramble over others to gain advantage. Both sides of the pond, you know who, and how and why.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ok I'm just a bitch in general. A good bitch though :))
  • I see the Bayeux tapestry may be making a trip over the channel to go on display in the UK
    Mrs T did a 16 foot long painting once that depicts the various Depts in an NHS Hospital in the style of the Bayeux tapestry. It hangs in Colchester General Hospital.
    She's on it twice ( it took a year to do and she changed Depts in that time) and I'm on it once!
  • Wow!! I LOVE this concept. In fact this would look really good in schools.
  • Mrs T appears on it twice, as I said. She is the first figure top left ( medical records) and she is also the last figure bottom right when she was in Information Services.
    Here is a version flat on. I wonder who that is bottom left ??

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-01-18 14:51:02
  • wow very cool, UT & Mrs. T!

• That is absolutely brilliant. So say we at Tundralls! =D>
  • That painting is 26 years old this year. It's full of detail of people she knew. In Medical Records, Her manager was a lady called Pat, she was over 6 foot tall and built like a lamp post. Her Mum used to say to her 'big fat Pat, same at the front as she is at the back'. That's her in the white coat by the records rack.

The painting was commissioned in memory of the administrator of St Mary's Hospital in Colchester, George Tuckwell. He always cycled to work and that's his bike by the gatepost into the garden centre on the bottom row.

Bottom right, that's Mrs T leaning over the printer. The man sitting at the desk is her manager Marcel. He is a Seychellean and moved back to the Seychelles when he retired and we visited him there a couple of years later where I had to pretend I owned a yacht so I could join the Seychellean Yacht club!

Finally, that is me bottom left. It depicts an interesting time as in the early 90's when we changed from draughting paper drawings and started to use AutoCad on computers. I'm sitting at a drawing board but I'm looking at the computer with a drawing being prepared in AutoCad.

• She also did a commission for another hospital in Harlow. This was a psychiatric unit and they wanted something colourful for the family visiting to entertain the children while partners visited loved ones who were in the wards. Mrs T had done a drawing for a ball swamp at a leisure centre that was never taken up but the hospital loved it and 'Jungle' another 16 foot piece, was born. Little versions of the painting were printed along with lists of the animals in it and kids identified the animals on the print. Sweet !

• Finally, yet another hospital commission. Called Dr's Surgery, Mrs T goes full on Beryl Cook !

• That's not me as a little boy in the painting BTW, but that is Mrs T's panda bear toy, her brothers jumper and the ducks, well the hospital has a big pond at the front with lots of ducks and they would frequently wander into the hospital !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-02-13 06:09:21
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!