Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 92 Comments sorted by
  • You know on a theology level, Love is the ultimate healer and giver of energy but Nature will present you with a very different reality. Since this world is constantly consuming itself, you see it in all aspects of nature...the predator and prey construct. Life kills to live and eat...something must die for something else to live, this is the paradox..living matter consuming living matter. Man is one of the greatest predators, so the question is- how does one live without killing? Do you make someone like Jesus a forgiving martyr to deal with the guilt of killing? To say, it is ok to sacrifice as long as there is love in your heart? You can erase your predatory crimes, if you believe? All energy returns, it is nature. To say anyone can get away with murder, is simply deluding themselves of the way natural law works. Energy reflects and returns. If you are predator, you will be prey and so on and so forth.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • It depends on the nature of the kill. Is it for the greater good for survival or not. Unmerciful killing will never be justified. You do not take another person's life. Our lives are precious. A drop in the ocean. We are drops in the ocean.
  • I call it the laws of the universe.
  • What would it take for the lion to lay down by the lamb? By the nature of it's creation, the lion is designed to kill and feed upon the lamb..and further still, the lion will kill another lion in competition for survival..it will also kill another's cubs. The world of men is no different. What do you believe it would take for peace?
    U R I E L
  • Have you ever been obsessed with someone? This is interesting- Plutonic Obsession

U R I E L
  • No not with anyone. But I do have periods where I may be obsessed with a film or a song? And then I can't get it out of my head?

Oh ponygurl-they now sell toblerone ice cream lollies. FYI. They look lush if I say so myself.

I'm now having a nice lindor chocolate and strawberry bar with a glass of rose for Valentine's. I've decided I'm not going to be a party pooper despite lack of man. Lol!
  • Platonic??!?!  Really??!?!  Somehow platonic and Ponygurl seem mutually exclusive.  And, the moon is made of sugar.
  • I think we are getting confused with plutonic and platonic?
  • You say tomato , I say tumahto darling- say it with me...'tuuu..maaah..to'

Ps. I'll have to look for that lolly, I need a fix. Sounds delicious!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-02-13 17:20:47
    U R I E L
  • I say squee rell (squirrel)

You say?

I also say baaaaarth instead of baf (bath) because I'm awfully posh. This is sounding like an ladies finishing school class.
  • I say Raif instead of Ralph- to Ralph is to be sick to one's stomach..but Raif, that is another sickness entirely-
    U R I E L
  • It's funny how we look at words but have different pronunciations. The to mae to one is peculiar.
  • I say ayg, you say eg.

Thank you for that, Serenity.  I couldn't get past platonic to watch the video.  Maybe I will now though it seems a bit complicated.

I like the ones that break all the rules, like 'weird'.

Studying Japanese was interesting in that they had a very good phonetic character set.  Actually two.  One to teach pronunciation of Kanji (Hiragana) and one for foreign words (Katakana).  Of course, Katakana really destroyed some words.  Macudonaldo. I guess Italian is completely phonetic.
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-02-13 17:38:44
  • The Universe is really something spectacular, and few even have a glimpse into what it really is.

Here's something kind of interesting that happened to me. It can only be explained by the metaphysical-

A few months ago I was driving home alone and started ruminating on all the bad stuff that has happened to me in my life. In particular, I started thinking about my narcissistic family and how they don't 'see' me. (I mean, how I'm merely their servant- feeling used by them but not feeling loved). I was feeling really low- on the verge of tears. Then suddenly, I thought of someone (Ari) who actually did see me. She had some trauma in life similar to mine and I thought to myself-

'how desperately I need you.'

I came to a stoplight and there was a truck stopped next to me. The girl in the passenger seat rolled down the window and rested her arm on the door. There written in beautiful, swirling black letters was a tattoo running the length of her arm-
    it read:

'I need you more.'

She also wore a red string around her wrist, Kabbalah? It seemed like a direct response to my thoughts! It lifted me out of despair, something so small and meaningful..it reminded me I wasn't alone. I felt like I had gotten her message and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

It's more than coincidence, it's the invisible world 'made' visible and it saved me.

U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!