Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Jo_ey said:

KatRobin said:

I find it bizarre that people are picking single tracks, like picking the choccy buttons off the top of the cake! I'm still gorging on the whole lardy thing, yum yum,

Listening to the whole album all-in-one each time I wanna listen to it would get old real fast.

I got a mp3 player and spotify is on my laptop and that, but i never use them. playing music for me is a journey. Faux Suede Drifter makes no sense without Become The One, Zodiac Black and Beast - it would be like looking at the top left hand corner of a painting without seeing the rest of it - and most of my other music is the same. But GF is particularly like this - I can't imagine listening to Lovely Head without Paper Bag, Pilots and Utopia, or Clowns without Eat Yourself, Some People, A&E etc.

And it baffles me when my daughter listens to a playlist that jumps from one artist to the next with every track.

But I appreciate that this is my limitation, not a judgement on anyone else.

• I think that is a fascinating description, w.  I am polar opposite in that I am terribly picky about songs so love playlists.  I'm sure I've mentioned that the bands are near non-existent that I like almost everything the produce, which is the reason I like Goldfrapp so much.  But, your comment about looking at a corner of a painting (and the journey) really hit me.  From that perspective I can finally, at least, understand where you guys are coming from that like to listen to the whole album.

HAha!  I could get into why I think you're nuts but the same could be said of me, I'm sure.
  • Occasionally that one corner of the painting has something really special going on, though :P
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

Occasionally that one corner of the painting has something really special going on, though :P

True. Personally, i'm a big fan of the sprinting hare in Turner's  "Rain, steam and speed", but others might think it's just a random blob of paint. Depends what you bring I guess.
  • It does leave me wondering where 'Frapp will go next, however. 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Frappy mural:

Post edited by Turqs at 2017-06-23 13:46:21
  • Schleppi Polski? Finest in the area?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ooo....I want one of those! It's on my Christmas list lol!
  • Has anyone noted the main verse of Systematic being played to advertise the new BMW car. Instantly recognised Alusons voice!!
  • Ocean! By the gods, goddesses, nymphs, satyrs, and heroes...OCEAN!

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just realised it's been well over a year since we heard Anymore for the first time. I remember sitting waiting for it to be played on 6 Music. Ridiculously fast year.

• I parked behind this car last night! image

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!