Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 896 Comments sorted by
  • You have my sympathies Serenity with the job hunting. Keep your pecker up too!
  • Thankyou-i am trying. =((
  • In my district, TA job descriptions include all the duties of the classroom teacher as well as their own. In recent years, they've cut hours on most of them to avoid having to pay benefits. As a substitute teacher, which I still do now and again, they've totally screwed me out of benefits, even if I were to take a long-term teaching position--with full teaching responsibilities! Though they've been trying to get me to come back as a salaried English language development teacher (with benefits), I'm considering allowing my certification to expire next year. It's a thankless and miserable field at the moment.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-10-23 04:43:46
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I find that very concerning if in the job description it said to take on all the duties of a classroom teacher. So sorry- am i expected to attend moderation, data meetings with the Head-Teacher and governor meetings because i would be telling them where to go if they tried it on with me.

You could become a private tutor Iuv. It's a popular option.

I'm applying for the highest level of TA, plus only full time permanent job roles.
  • There are a lot of teachers down-grading if you go on TES website forum. Terrible treatment by the Head-Teachers. Bullying, being undermined, impossible targets. Over-inflated ego' s.
  • UT- so do you have a medical background? What kind of work did you do at the hospital? Haha i have a love hate relationship with estates. I spent have my life ranting and raving down the phone about broken monitors, cupboards, oxygen canisters that wouldn't work. Basically everything.

When i phoned them on switchboard I could here them muttering "it's that bloody nurse again from ward D4." =))

Hey Serenity. I worked in Estates all those years. I started off as a building officer, organising and arranging for contractors to carry out small projects to improve buildings and facilities. Over the years I progressed up to manage the projects office and ended up as the Head of Capital Development, where I was responsible for all of the improvement works and new builds the Trust undertook. A great job as I said for 25 years and then the cost saving began and people came up with words like 'compliance' and 'governance' and before you knew it, there were more people checking out what we did and how we did it than there were actually carrying it out. Constant checking and interfering with processes that had work well for years until they no longer worked properly.
    I got sick of it in the end. A shame as I had a great time in the NHS.
    Yes, I was one of those people you Nurses used to moan about !
    Ah. Somethings never change!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-23 07:21:45
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yep, that's about it!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So what are you doing these days UT? Being a gentleman of leisure? 
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ I stopped watching after seeing them in cages. It's like the commercials for the Humane Society, it's unbearable for me to watch them. I've donated to animal charities throughout my life and have adopted shelter pets, I pray all of Humanity grows a heart one day-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Just checked UK news today to read that we have a new Education Secretary called Damian Hines. Yep. Im reading comments from teachers - "So now we have the real slim shady Satan running Education for real now?" Lol.

Ms Justine Greening apparently went off in a strop after being handed Department of Work and Pensions. In fact she's totally quit parliament.

Ooh err.
  • Meanwhile good old Jezza is still running the NHS cruise ship that is The Titanic with a new beefed up role. Mrs May wanted to move him into a business minister role but Jezza spat his dummy out.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-08 16:46:50
  • I was a burden on the NHS again today, sorry guys. Feel the need to apologise- the doc said I shouldn’t. The poor guy looked absolutely whacked out himself and I nearly told him to lie on the couch while id’ve put the kettle on! No wonder he’s depressed- he was telling me his wife works in the local hospital or for the local NHS in some capacity and a few days ago there was a deficit of 93 beds, people being treated in visitor waiting rooms and 17 ambulances stacked outside A And E. In one of the next largest county towns A And E is being closed for good.
    But....we should all be reassured. Mrs May has said there is no under funding. So that’s ok then. Breathe...!
  • Also., in other news...I was at an “ educational establishment” last week and was told that all the funding for all the vitally- needed support staff, ie psychologists / counsellors was cut ....just when youngsters need it most ( esp the youngsters in question).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!