Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 92 Comments sorted by
  • Good morning or should i say afternoon to you,

Ahh that sounds lovely. How old is the little girl? She sounds super sweet. In Early Years we did some Christmas baking for an enterprise day which was meant to be on Friday but snow has brought us down to a halt.

Ive got a job in a SEN school and because i do have previous school experience that's how I got the job. I'm still getting to know all the children and individual classes but it is an AMAZING place. I would never want to go back to mainstream. To 30 children screaming and bawling. Ton's of books to mark too. It was TOO much.

So yes the children are little stars and we are having a Xmas disco and nativity play coming up soon.

What happened to that other job you applied for?

To be honest with you on the job front it will be very quiet out there.

I don't think i would ever return to teacher training.
  • Is the snow bad where you are- it's Lincolnshire where you live isn't it?

Is anyone else affected by snow? What about you UT? Your based down south?
  • Very rural between Colchester and Harwich in Essex. Clacton about 9 miles away. We had snow on Sunday, our first major snow for about 5 years. Several roads blocked, mainly by cars and lorries that had gone off the road. We had an appointment in London at Ronnie Scotts for 1.30 to see Curtis Stigers. It was touch and go but we made it. A great show. He is one cool, suave dude.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-12-11 18:07:58
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I've been down to Clacton. That was well cool. Everyone sounded like they were out of Eastenders!

I've actually got an Aunt & Uncle down in Portsmouth so my aunt sounds very londony but my uncle sounds quite brummy still. He comes up to watch the Villa games.

My uncle worked in the navy as a young man and that's how he met my aunt. Something like that anyway.

Not heard of Ronnie Scott's.
  • Only the most famous jazz club in the world Serenity. Ronnie Scott was a jazz saxophonist of great repute in the 50's, and in 1959, he opened this club in Frith Street in the centre of Soho. Been going strong ever since. It's a typical Soho club/night spot. It hold about 200 people, so very intimate, all sitting at tables around a low stage with a full restaurant service. Many clubs like this in Soho. This one offers Jazz, others more .... esoteric needs and flavours.
  • I bet your into Jools Holland too? That does sound like a nice night out.
  • Actually, not a big Jools fan, though I have seen him and his big band in concert.
  • Not really had any snow over here in Lincolnshire, but it’s been very cold obviously. We definitely have milder conditions as a rule in the East Midlands. we are spending Christmas in North Wales at my sister in law,s, if N Wales is reachable by then! I get very stressed about leaving the house at Crimbo.
    Job wise, I’m waiting on a confirmation for a new job in the New Year so darent say anything yet! Cool that you’re in an SEN school Serenity- what county are you in and what kind of kids are they / age range etc?
  • Haven’t written my Crimbo cards yet...in case anyone Essex-way is wondering ;;)
  • It is a primary SEN school Kat where they have an early years department and then other little classrooms scattered around. Mainly we cater for autism but the spectrum is quite wide as you know so some children present with mild symptoms and others need a LOT of routine, positive reinforced behaviour, behaviour schedules, PECs and Makaton.

Then we have other children who are in chairs and have to be fed mashed dinners, have to be toileted etc so it is upsetting to see.

Have you been guaranteed this job? Is it with agency?
  • I bet it will be nice not having to worry about doing the xmas food shop or more specifically worrying about a Christmas turkey dinner disaster!!

I tend to find if you go out for Christmas lunch at a restaurant or carvery the quality is quite naff although it depends where you go. When we decided to go out for Xmas lunch the peas were like bullets and the Turkey was as dry as a bone. Service was also rushed.

You can't beat Xmas dinner and all the trimmings with family.
  • KatRobin said:

Haven’t written my Crimbo cards yet...in case anyone Essex-way is wondering ;;)

Mmm, who?
  • Have I mentioned "Tiger's Child" by Torey Hayden?

"peas like bullets"  Ha!
  • Serenity- need any resources, ping me.
  • What resources do you have Kat?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!