Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 94 Comments sorted by
  • Hmmm, I guess I'll have to just see.  It's still going to be awhile.

Hmmm, again.  I guess it's a little better now for women.
  • My Film tastes always differ with what mood i'm in.

I'll pretty much watch anything once, as long as it doesn't have Adam Sandler in. i can only stand him in one film and that's the wedding singer. everything else is garbage.

some of my favourites would have to be (in no particular order)

Blade Runner
    American Beauty
    Nausicaa - of the valley of the wind
    Alien/Aliens
    Sleeping Beauty (Disney Animation)
    The Matrix
    Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Gone with the Wind

One film I did fall in love with this year was Wonder Woman. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as i did. I have also seen Blade Runner 2049 - being a massive fan of the original and seeing all the trailers for the new one i thought i wouldn't have a problem liking this one, it's a bit of a grower. When i first saw Guardians of the Galaxy i was exactly the same, i hated it. But after repeated watches i started to like it the more times i watched it. so hopefully the same will be said for Blade Runner also...

There's loads i could list, but it's late and i'm falling asleep. so i'll add to the list as and when :)
  • Yeah, it seems the new blade runner didn't have a lot of fans.  I loved Guardians of the Galaxy I and II.  You sure have esoteric tastes.
  • I really loved the new Blade Runner. It certainly gives you lots to think about...creation and the destruction of creation. I saw it when it was first released, so it's not fresh in my mind- but certain scenes stuck with me. It finally gives you the answers-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Yep- Indiana Jones Series is way cool too. But there was ine called The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Cate Blanchett in it that was crap.

I'm not much of a sci-fi fan. The bf wanted us to go and see blade runner. Instead we ended up watching Kingsman which was EVEN worse. I think I must have dozed off.

I'm now being dragged to go and see Justice League.
  • It finally gives you the answer to what, PG?
  • It gives you the answers to where that secret money tree is hiding!!!!!

Think i need to set up a crowd funding page dedicated to myself. Donations at the ready.
  • I could give a scathing answer about where the money tree resides in today's global culture.  But, I'll skip it.
  • It finally gives you the answer to what, PG?

Why the world of Men revel in destruction. (Not all men, obliviously- but then there are clues to that as well)
    U R I E L
  • Oh, come on, PG, you know by now that's not looking deep enough.  It's like saying a lion likes to tear into its food.  Why?

Another interesting quote:
    James Anthony Froude, "Wild animals never kill for sport.  Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself."

Why?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-11-22 15:55:34
  • ^ Although men may have a hand in creation, they will never be able to control what is created. What they think is in their hands, simply is not. They try and try, but a flood comes and destroys their greatest buildings-
    U R I E L
  • "a hand in creation".  Ahahahahaha!  Sorry but that was funny.  Of course they don't!  It's all about perception.  It's not about building.  It's not about creation.  It's about existence and perceptions of existence.  Men's perceptions of themselves. 

It's really weird.  Somehow, this reminds me of a hotel in Berlin ..... or was it Munich?  It is a total discontinuity but, it is that kind of night.  Spark and fire, fan and  flame, fury and resistance.
  • So I've just finished watching The White Princess series which was amazing. Really gripping in parts but also very gruesome too.

It's inspired me to delve into the history books and read up about The Tudor Dynasty.
  • Good to hear.  I've got to get around to watching it one of these days.
  • I'm watching The Snowman on TV and actually crying. I always cry when i hear the music. It just affects me emotionally.

The boys voice is beautiful, and his friendship with The Snowman is heart wrenching especially when the snowman melts and dies.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!