Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
UK Tour Dates
  • 134 Comments sorted by
  • Since I'm in the States, I've been trying to catch up via social media. Looks phenomenal! Anyone notice how Alison was bending her legs and ran off stage at the final bow? It looked adorable, but I'm sure she had to take a wicked piss or something-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Im in hysterics- a wicked piss?!

Does it look like a jet of ribena gushing out from ones undercarriage with bits of glitter in it? Maybe its technicoloured and glows in the dark?

I saw something earlier when Alison appeared to hug Hazel and almost sprint off stage.

It was a mad dash whatever it was.
  • I've run out of superlatives as to just what a tight and powerful unit the 2017 live

As I've always said, the one band I've ever heard that the live stage sounds as good as the studio.
  • Full praise to the rest of the band- charlie, seb, hazel and angie (see i did me revision UT!) for being able to play the instruments and retaining 100% focus in the midst of those powerful stage lights and fog.

Ive only caught bits from what i can see off my tablet and that is blinding enough so god knows how all you guys managed to cope with the flashes.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-11-11 19:47:58
  • Actually come to think of it- has there ever been an interview involving angie, charlie, or seb? I know Hazel is a new addition to the band. Guess im curious as ive never seen much said by them.
  • Hey classmates. You lucky, lucky people. 4 more vids I took last night have been uploaded to Mrs UT's YouTube site. 3 complete songs, including the infrequent flyer Zodiac Black and the 4th is a little 30 second end part of Train where Alison gets her booty swinging. Now 36 Goldfrapp videos in total on the channel. That's more than 2 full gigs! If, for some reason, you cannot see them outside the UK, let me know and I will upload to me Dropbox and post a link there.
    You're welcome !j
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5QAgHJd2RRA1MMSQPlC_jA
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-11-12 07:10:56
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So, Goldfrapp changes up their show from show to show?  That seems pretty unusual.  The only band I've known to do that was Clapton.  The last tour that I saw, they changed up just about every song from show to show.

That's impressive.
  • Wow.  Alison has really improved her showmanship a lot.
  • Thanks for your videos UT and Mrs UT. I’m just curious though- how do you get away with it? At De Montford all cameras etc were strictly forbidden. I guess I just play by the rules too much...
    Alison,s outfits on this tour have inspired me for a new look Crimbo tree this year.
  • Blimey- Ponygurl,s back! How do?! Xx
  • I wonder if, now that it’s all over, Alison is snuggled up in bed with her favourite people and a nice cup of tea like I am. I hope so.
  • So, Goldfrapp changes up their show from show to show?  That seems pretty unusual.  The only band I've known to do that was Clapton.  The last tour that I saw, they changed up just about every song from show to show.

That's impressive.

Generally they play the same set Whick, but occasionally they will slip an extra number in ( they did Shiny and Warm as an extra track at the Roxy in Prague) and on these last UK dates, they have put Zodiac Black at the start. Angie has a laptop to the side of her startion and on it is a program, probably a sequencer, that lists all the songs they will be doing in order, and she clicks between songs and it uploads all the right patches for the next song to her and Hazel's keyboards ( of which there are 6, four statics on the stands and two mobiles - the two keytars).
    Interestingly, at the bottom, is more songs which are there as a backup if Alison decides she wants to throw in a curve ball. One of these is Crystalline Green, which I have not heard played for several years.
    Black Cherry dips in and out of the set list. It is a bit slow for the current tour, which is mainly upbeat, hence the absence of usual stalwart Lovely Head and, lately, Utopia.
    I will post an image of the laptop so you can see what I mean.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-11-12 07:20:19
  • So then- now that the Silver Eye tour has been wrapped up when do you think Goldfrapp will return with new material, and what do you think they will dabble in next?

What do you think Goldfrapp 8 will look like?
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-11-12 07:52:48
  • That depends on Alison's frame of mind. She really seemed to grow into this tour. I have never seen her more relaxed on stage. Fist bumping at Berlin with the Frapp family in the front row? Unheard of. She has met with fans before shows before ( last time was at the Eden Project from memory which was a looong time ago).
    On Friday night at Brixton, she was coming to the front of the stage deliberately to present herself to the crowd, to wave at the Frapp family members at the front. So relaxed. It was nice to see.
    We could be in for a long wait again but Frapp 8 will develop along a more artistic arc that started with TOU and continued on a different trajectory with Silver Eye, morphing her music with her photography and her new directing interest.,
  • Ah!  An oracle.

Somebody's been doing some mentoring.  Interesting indeed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!