Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
UK Tour Dates
  • 134 Comments sorted by
  • Who else is going to Brixton? Appy and I will be there, and I think Hells Bells, ThatHurt, Giancarlo and Minsku.
    Any ideas where to meet up pre gig? We hope to be there from around 5.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The Prince of Wales just around the corner from Brixton underground is being suggested.
  • Hi UT, I shall be wandering around the area on my lonesome so may pop in if I can find it ? I had a quick chat with a couple of Frappers before the Roundhouse gig but don't know if it was anyone off here or the Facebook site that I don't frequent, how will I know you guys ? would be nice to meet up and introdue myself. 
  • Bristol was an ok gig. Just 1.15hours long though. Didn't like Zodiac Black as an opening track. I thought it fell flat.

I also had 2 extra tickets to sell. Could not even for half price. Frustrating
    Post edited by Howiet1971 at 2017-11-10 06:27:56
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/
  • Hi Muz
    The Prince of Wales is just around the corner from Brixton U/G station in Cold harbour Lane. Don't know if Brixton U/G has more than one entrance but as you come out, PoW is left around the corner about 150 metres and the O2 is right, about 400 metres. I shall be wearing a black jacket and jeans with a white Toyah Urban Tribesman T shirt underneath. Will have two badges on the lapel, one is the Goldfrapp Black Cherry image of Alison's legs and red shoes. I'm about 6 foot 1" so fairly easy to spot.
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • I might be too late for a session in the Prisoner but hope to meet you guys inside the O2 venue
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-11-10 08:23:37
  • Now in the Prince of Wales with Keith Gmb and Alice. Giancarlo, Anouik and Pete have already gone to pick up tickets and queue.
  • We now have Bethan and her Mum and Sally (Visual Fallacy) and Appys finally here as well !
  • Sat on train on way home, missed you guys last night, think I missed you in the Prince of Wales, I walked by it twice before realising it was the "POW" silly me,
    Anyway great gig watched from the rear of the hall for a change you do get a diff perspective of the gig and appreciate the lighting more, 1st time at Brixton, what a strange venue ? Or is it just me ? Couldn't figure out the architecture above and around the front of the stage all seemed a bit odd to me, maybe I should check out the history, hope you all enjoyed as much as me ?
    Post edited by muz61 at 2017-11-11 07:07:52
  • I wonder what the next stage is for Goldfrapp now? Im presuming they will go into hibernation over winter? Do you all think there will be another album on the horizon in the future?
  • Does anyone know if the Brixton gig was being filmed live? I've been hearing on the grapevine that there were 5 camera crews stationed inside the venue?

Does this mean Goldfrapp are filming a live dvd?

I really wish they would do a dvd recording them going rpund the world, setting up the stage, rehearsals. For those of us who dont attend gigs due to financial constraints and other things it would be nice.

I hope they do a funny christmas video. I remember Alison dressed up as a polar bear once with a kazoo?!
  • Well, last nights gig, the last of the current Silver Eye tour, was fantastic. Alison was on top, top form and the band, well, I've run out of superlatives as to just what a tight angd powerful unit the 2017 live Goldfrapp band have become. The scale of the sound was EPIC ! The bass and deep synth notes shook the building and Appy said he could feel his organs shaking! Alison swooped and twirled, showingg a lot of (flat and toned) midriff into the bargain as her iridescent blue outfit ( with matching boots) rode up as she raised her arms.
    And you Frapp fans, you are a sweet bunch and a pleasure to hang out with. I even got a kiss from Pete at the end, and me all hetro and stuff!
    I sense Alision is not finished. Why would she when she is still on top of her game and her voice so perfect. What she had last night, the love and admiration from her audience, is a drug and why would she turn her back on that? Who could?
    A brilliant experiance over the last 6 months. Well played guys, all of you. It was a blast. Can't wait for the next time!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-11-11 11:26:52
  • Does anyone know if the Brixton gig was being filmed live? I've been hearing on the grapevine that there were 5 camera crews stationed inside the venue?

Does this mean Goldfrapp are filming a live dvd?

I really wish they would do a dvd recording them going rpund the world, setting up the stage, rehearsals. For those of us who dont attend gigs due to financial constraints and other things it would be nice.

I hope they do a funny christmas video. I remember Alison dressed up as a polar bear once with a kazoo?!

• A review for the Brighton gig. Any gig review which ends with the words 'awe inspiring' is good with me !
    http://www.theargus.co.uk/leisure/arts_and_entertainments/15647656.Goldfrapp__Brighton_Dome__November_7________________/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!