Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by

• Post edited by iuventus at 2017-10-02 23:59:44
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I actually listened to a bit of Seventh Tree and Felt Mountain yesterday evening. Utopia and Lovely Head will never tire. So cinematic and soaring in all directions. Cologne Cerrone Houdini is another great song.

But my new found love is Melancholy Sky. I've listened to it before but really like it now. And Yellow Halo too. Strangely im at peace when i listen to these songs. Escapism through music. x
  • Moloko - I'm Not A Doctor

alt
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • This past week I've been listening to London Grammar -

i currently have AIR on shuffle :)
  • Air show up often on my usual Pandora station.
  • iuventus said:

Air show up often on my usual Pandora station.

Good! :)
  • Indeed!
  • The new St. Vincent album, MASSEDUCTION. What an absolute triumph. I don't know whether to dance or cry when listening to it.

• I'm totally stressed out by the sheer amount of (good) music getting releases each week, being instantly  available on Spotify and the like for our streaming pleasures.

Which is never a bad thing, that much new good music actually. But also, in a way, it is very uncomfortable and frustrating to listen to music in a kinda stressed/forced way, in order to keep up with all the releases, just skipping through albums to get a chance of listening to every new interesting one.

It kind of makes music less enjoyable, at least for me.
    I personally listen to a lot less music in the end than before. Sad thing. 

However, this is something I discovered which I can not more than highly recommend:

( not to mention the obviously great new albums by Arade Fire, The National, Lorde and the artist formerly known as St. Vincent, indeed @Low )
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-10-16 09:00:52
    Be patient.
  • Hi Holyowl- nice username. Are you new or are you a veteran goldfrappian?
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Personal favourite of the moment: Tchaikovsky Waltz of the Flowers. Just glorious and divine. 

Karl Jenkins- Pelladio

Gustav Holst- The Planets (Mars Bringer of War)

A very powerful piece of classical music that encapsulates the fierceness and strength of the planet. I just love the entire concept and was played to death at my primary school by a rather eccentric music teacher who we fondly referred to as Mr Rooster (Rossiter). He played with such force he broke the pedals once!
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-16 16:37:48
  • HolyOwl is one of the originals Serenity. According to the spy thread, living in Cologne, Germany.
    Are you making the trek to Berlin for the weekend @HolyOwl?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!