Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 158 Comments sorted by
  • I was simply asking about Alison's dog???? And its hardly gossiping. If your going to be in the media then people are obviously going to be curious.

I mean its HARDLY you g to affect my life is it??
  • Some people need to chill. We just want to know if Alison and the dog are ok?
  • Some people need to chill.

I think you mean me, Serenity - and I take no offence if you want to direct your comment at me by name!

• Believe it or not Whispered, ive actually got better things to do with my time.

It was actually Christian who started the ball rolling about the whole Alison/Lisa thing. Followed by Urban Tribesman. I dont sit around on Twitter trying to decide cryptic messages.

Please ensure you have the right person first.

• I've been wondering since I heard "Ocean."
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Did some digging. No word on the net about a split. Last interview Lisa gave as part of her Whitehouse gig, which was in March, states that she is partnered with Alison Goldfrapp. No past tense used or indeed anywhere else on the web. Lisa's Twitter presence has been sparse this year but she has responded before when I have sent a tweet to her so I have asked her how Maus is.
    I don't see it as an imposition Whisp. I met Lisa at the BFI after the initial showing of the TOU films and her chat with I am Dora. She came into the bar afterwards and Appy and I chatted with her for about 10 minutes and she signed our TOU box set inserts. She was charming and not at all phased by the attention, in fact, somewhat bemused we would be interested in her. I am sure enquiries about Maus will be viewed with the good intentions they are made with.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Did some digging...

Of course I have no qualms showing concern over the health of a dog. That would be silly. And I appreciate your thoughts, UT, but I still feel uncomfortable with speculating in public about whether someone has problems in their personal relationship. Pip-pip!

In my dreams I am always saying goodbye and riding away,   
    Whither and why I know not nor do I care.
    And the parting is sweet and the parting over is sweeter,   
    And sweetest of all is the night and the rushing air.

In my dreams they are always waving their hands and saying goodbye,
    And they give me the stirrup cup and I smile as I drink,   
    I am glad the journey is set, I am glad I am going,
    I am glad, I am glad, that my friends don't know what I think.

Stevie Smith, "In My Dreams"
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-10-13 04:43:44
  • I would summise, on the basis of current known facts, that our two ladies are following their respective professional paths at the moment, and are conducting a long distance relationship. There is no evidence to the contrary at this point in time that I am aware of. Particularly, dog ownership is difficult if you are spending the best part of a year on the road. It makes sense for Maus to reside with the more static of the two for the present.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I believe that Alison has answered our questions or concern to her welfare. Or maybe I just have a bad hangover from last night.

Spent half of this morning on the phone to the bank about some credit card account that i didn't want and never signed up to. This is why i hate online shopping!!!

Time to start knitting my own clothes methinks! I never do credit cards. Seen far too many horror stories...
  • 2 people can live under the same roof and if they are both busy professionals, never get to see each other. I'm with Whispered on this one, what a respectful gent.
  • As this is the pets thread, I have a question for anyone with knowledge about reptiles on here! My larger tortoise, Humphrey, seems to have had a mishap recently. The tip of his tail is hanging off, quite literally, and while it isn't infected or anything, it isn't coming off either. Is this a natural shedding thing or has he had an accident? Can't find any info online but I know this forum is the font of all knowledge so maybe someone can help!
  • Steers conversation away subtlety there...
  • Poor Humphrey. That doesn't sound nice for him, poor chap.
  • Don't know much about tortoises, but I had an Anole Lizard, and he freaked out one time and his tail fell off. I later learned it was a defense mechanism. It sorta grew back a little... kinda stumpy. I still loved him :)
    Post edited by christianxvii at 2017-10-17 10:14:45
  • Lol ( or not!). Oh dear....imagine if we all lost body parts every time we got a fright! Poor chap, it's still hanging there and isn't interfering with his bodily functions. Don't know whether t tie a bit of dental floss around it and tug...!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!