Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 158 Comments sorted by
  • Garden enthusiast super sleuth?
    Hedgehog walker?
    Cheese taster?
  • Oh, this looks like fun!

Sex educator?
  • Cheese taster? Where the hell did that come from!?
    I’m going to be working for a national organisation ( won’t mention the exact name on here) who match teachers to pupil referrals for 1:1 tuition, pupils who aren’t accessing the education system ( yet) for a variety of different reasons- social / emotional, behavioural, special needs etc. It will be challenging but I’m hugely excited..I meet my first two students today and next week I meet two more. I have full time work at the outset so I hope it continues. The pet sitting is going on hold now that this has come good, but I will be able to do it in the school holidays. I am v happy to still be a teacher but not in the context of “ the system” itself as I’ve seen too much and am too cynical now to belong there anymore. This way I get to be the professional that I am and most importantly, I get to work meaningfully and build relationships with kids who are struggling. Wish me luck!
  • :)) It got you going though!! The reaction was priceless. Being a cheese tester is a very important job!!

Good luck in your new job. You will be ahmazing!! Xx
  • That sounds like a perfect job, Kat.  It seems to suit you well.  So much so because it is one-on-one.  It seems like the perfect environment.

You know, your description of getting disgusted with the system seems to describe well the breakdown in every system.  Those who could get good at it get totally disgusted with it because of the infestation of rats, so they go find something more fulfilling to do.
  • Thanks WW And Serenity...I’m happy to report I’ve had a great day so long may it continue! I even had a pub lunch lol ( well, a fruit scone and a J2O, but it beats a school dinner!).
  • Kat my dearest-THAT is not a lunch. Where's your club sandwich and with a salad on the side?

Btw I have those j20 thingies when I go to the carvery. They do a j20 spritz thing...look out for it next time you have one.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-09 14:22:16
  • I like the pear and raspberry flavour but also like the 2nd one too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!