Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • What would you say is your benchmark film of all time, and the one that will stand the test of time?

Also who is your favourite actor/actresses?

My favourite films are (In no particular order)

Titanic
    Frankenstein
    Pride & Prejudice (Keira Knightley version)
    Elizabeth I
    Elizabeth: The Golden Age
    Independence Day
    Close Encounters of the third kind
    Wonderwoman
    Gladiator
    The Lady in the Van
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-08-17 13:05:30
  • 94 Comments sorted by
  • Forgot to add in:

Apollo 13
    Gravity (although there wasn't much of a plot line..could have been developed much further)
  • And very very quickly i just wanted to add that i am a huge Bond fan- I love all of the James Bond film but not so keen on Daniel Craig. He brings no humour or charm to the role.

Only film i like with him in it is Skyfall.
  • Did you see that Craig is back for Bond?!?!?  I was pretty surprised and I don't think I understand as they just had hired that lady, right?

That's a tough one on movies.  Certainly in the list, though, is

Red (w/ Bruce Willis, Helen Mirrim, John Malkovic and others) one of the most amusing movies
    Red II
    Knight and Day, just so over the top action movie with Tom Cruise
    Serndipity
    Hancock
    Family Man
    Adjustment bureau
    My Fair Lady
    Sabrina (both versions)
    Collateral Beauty
    Waiting for Forever
    Sorcerer's Apprentice
    Definitely, Maybe
  • Hired what lady? For what purpose?

I read somewhere they they are thinking of hiring Tom Hardy as the new Bond. I would watch it if he was in it!!!! S A more rugged bad boy Bond. What's not to like!!
  • They hired a lady to be Bond, right?  Or, am I hallucinating?  I must have confused something else.  As usual, I scan through the headlines and there was some woman chosen for something.  It must have been something totally different, I guess.  Weird.

I don't know who I would choose for Bond.   Me? except I would be the worst actor ever. My favorite, so far, was Roger Moore.  Loved him as The Saint.  Cool show.  

You've probably missed it but this place has been nuts about getting a Goldfrapp song  for a Bond movie.  It is terribly disappointing that they haven't been chosen.  They just have that Bond feel on some of their songs.  If you look for thread, you'd find it buried somewhere deep.
  • Geez, almost forgot 'Being There' with Peter Sellers  Oh!  And, 'Silent Movie' by Mel Brooks.
  • Are you confusing Bond with Dr Who as our new favourite Gallifreian is a lady?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hahaha!  That's it!  Duh!

A woman Bond rather than a Bond woman would be fine indeed, though.
  • Bad news as Daniel Craig is signed up to play James Bond (again).

Yes i am aware that everybody has been saying that Goldfrapp should be put forward to do a Bond song.

Ocean would be a perfect song choice. Even Anymore. Imagine a new Bond film called Anymore- what would it be About? Who would be the villains in the film?

I love Roger Moore and John Cleese- all of those Wacky gadgets and the famous '007 Are you listening!! Please be careful line!' He turns round and Bond has gone :)

I think i would be good as Miss Moneypenny (I'm reasonably intelligent, got good telephone skills and like to sit in fast speed cars)
  • Fun Fact: John Cleese was actually born as John Cheese. He decided to give her surname a more professional sound.
  • We need to see more of Michael Caine, Colin Firth, Jude Law etc making a comeback to the big screen.

Educating Rita- now there's a film that i recommend everyone should watch. I had to watch it for my English Degree course.
  • I was tickled just the other day to realize that the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming, produced by Albert R. Brocolli, and Desmond Llewelyn (the original Q) had a bit part in it.

I agree.  I don't find many movies any longer that are worth the trouble.  I guess partly that comes from being old.  It's more difficult to find something that not a repeat.  Especially with romantic stories.  It  seems like those have just mostly disappeared.

I don't know.  Cheese might have worked pretty well for him... 
  • Educating Rita is a brilliant film, agreed. I've been racking / wracking (?!) my brain for days now trying to nail my favourite all time film and have failed. Some that come to mind are The Company Of Wolves, North By Northwest, Wallace and Gromit-Curse of the Wererabbit....not very Art House!!!
  • I read that Daniel Craig thinks he's doing us all a favour by returning to do Bond again for the meagre sum of £100 000 000- when he'd rather " slash his own wrists". That's had the same effect on me as learning that Sean Connery allegedly beat his wife. Nice. :-&
  • If i was the casting director and got wind of what he allegedly said he would be out like a shot. God no- Sean Connery is a wife abuser??!!

I think we need to get Tom Hardy in. He better not have any black marks against his name.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!