Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • rewak said:

For the bonus CD i'm hoping mainly for extra tracks (maybe Ask The Lake that was gonna be in that Singles boxset plus some other new ones), perhaps some demos would be nice but not limited to this album, some demos from all their albums, and maybe some live tracks from the Manchester dates with the orchestra. If there's remixes on it i'll hurt someone (unless they're self remixes, i could maybe tolerate that, but not a lot!)

I love your optimism on this but I'd reign in too high expectations so that it seems even better when it finally turns up!
    :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • My expectations are set by the £65 price tag :P
  • If someone is interested in knowing if the 500 boxsets have gone you could always try contacting them at orders@sandbag.uk.com or 0118 9569 183 and ask them what the system is...are there seperate order numbers for the boxset or is there just the one for everything.

Either way it would appear that if you have an order number of 500 or lower you are 'guaranteed' the signed box but if they only have the one series of numbers for all orders then you could have a number of 7863 and still get a signed box.
  • Well I just ordered and got an order number of 550. Fingers crossed but not looking hopeful!
  • To avoid any confusion I'll give them a call at lunchtime and find out one way or the other, maybe even suggesting they put a message on once the first 500 have gone?
  • rewak said:

If there's remixes on it i'll hurt someone (unless they're self remixes, i could maybe tolerate that, but not a lot!)

Totally agree. I hate remixes.

• DELUXE BOX UPDATE AS AT 12:15 12/06

Just spoke to Sandbag and here are things as they stand.

There are currently 440 orders in for the Deluxe box set, obviously give or take a handful in people's baskets live at this time. They may put a message on the site when the 500 are gone so people have an informed decision when ordering in terms of what they may get. The order number does NOT correspoind to the box number or quantity of boxes sold.

The box will be a limited single run but the total number being made has not fully been finalised. This may depend on demand, time or other reason. The number of 2000 previously mentioned on here is definitely not the number agreed at the moment and they're not sure where that came into the grand scheme of things.

Hope that helps you lot - the good news is that anybody ordering up to this time will have a signed one of the 500.........

(note this post also now copied out to a thread of it's own so the box set can go there and the album here to save peiople missing info on either!)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-12 07:35:31
  • So tempted...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Pooka said:

Well I just ordered and got an order number of 550. Fingers crossed but not looking hopeful!

See my post above - you're fine!
  • Pooka said:

Well I just ordered and got an order number of 550. Fingers crossed but not looking hopeful!

See my post above - you're fine!

Nice one Carpathian, very happy with that. Thanks for taking the time to clarify the situation for us all  :D
  • Thank you very much!
  • So I'm buying this but only for the special KitKat, is it four finger or two?

Five - yes it's a FIST of Kit-Kat!  =P~

DELUXE BOX UPDATE AS AT 12:15 12/06

Just spoke to Sandbag and here are things as they stand....

What a gentleman!  Cheers Carpy, never doubted you!  :-*
  • Took a look at this Annabel book, read the first few chapters, prologue is quite nice, we'll see how the rest of it goes.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-12 10:36:29
  • rewak said:

Took a look at this Annabel book, read the first few chapters, prologue is quite nice, we'll see how the rest of it goes.

it sounds interesting, let us know how it goes. i'm guessing it may be the leading single as it seems to be getting a bit more of a mention than the others?
  • Am I gunna get crucified for saying this, but doesn't this album seem to be almost in the territory of a concept album? It's beginning to make sense that Alison was on the radio recently talking about Prog-Rock :(|)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!