4.  Road to Somewhere
    5.  Lovely Head
    6.  Yellow Halo
    7.  Let it Take you 
    8.  Monster Love
    9.  Clowns
    10. A&E

Only available on Vinyl limited to 1,000 Copies World Wide  *fantasy only
  • ^ ha! well, i don't necessarily have a problem with concept albums. it depends what the concept is  ;)
  • I think the way it was put on the interview said it well. It's an album, rather than just a collection of tracks. It's all tied together with the art, movies, lyrics etc into one thing. I guess the concept thing is true in many ways.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thanks you two. I suppose the song titles with the exception of one being names made me think of concept albums. I don't mind at all really, anything new from Goldfrapp pleases me ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ You have a good point there. Seems possible. How exciting! A direction like that would make people more likely to want to buy the whole album as opposed to just buying a few singles.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-13 13:31:59
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Absolutely. I wonder how many of the tracks are going to be released as singles, I would hope not many personally, and if I can dare to say it I hope not every track is made as being a potential single, but that's just personal preference I guess.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Time Out From the World   GOLDFRAPP, by Me. Hello Deers please make this playlist at home and tell me wht you think, i know its good to relax or go to sleep lol, but i luved it.

1.  Time out from the world
    2.  Black Cherry
    3.  Hairy Trees
    4.  Road to Somewhere
    5.  Lovely Head
    6.  Yellow Halo
    7.  Let it Take you 
    8.  Monster Love
    9.  Clowns
    10. A&E

Only available on Vinyl limited to 1,000 Copies World Wide
  • juanbjork said:

Time Out From the World   GOLDFRAPP, by Me. Hello Deers please make this playlist at home and tell me wht you think, i know its good to relax or go to sleep lol, but i luved it.

1.  Time out from the world
    2.  Black Cherry
    3.  Hairy Trees
    4.  Road to Somewhere
    5.  Lovely Head
    6.  Yellow Halo
    7.  Let it Take you 
    8.  Monster Love
    9.  Clowns
    10. A&E

Only available on Vinyl limited to 1,000 Copies World Wide

Curious what this has to do with the new album? Am I missing something?
  • Many artists would run shit-scared away from anything likely to be labelled "concept album".. but a certain K Bush has had no such fear.... and Alison has of course cited her as an inspiration in the past.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-12 16:18:00
  • I am really excited about this album era now :) with the box set and unique Manchester shows it just seems so special, well thought out, involved, artistic and .... intriguing! I haven't heard any of the snippets yet and I am not going to as I want to hear it all new in July. I'm getting the same giddiness that I did over Seventh Tree as the details were gently released.

Tales Of Us feels more like an artistic project, rather than making an album to order like the vibe I got from the Head First campaign.. its like Goldfrapp have got their mojo back!!

• chokka said:

its like Goldfrapp have got their mojo back!!

Sometimes you have to take a step sideways in order to move forward.
  • I made a mix tape i guess above. 10 songs
  • Many artists would run shit-scared away from anything likely to be labelled "concept album".. but a certain K Bush has had no such fear.... and Alison has of course cited her as an inspiration in the past.

Yes the more I think about it, this really does seem to be a concept album of sorts, Alison was talking  about story telling in that interview yesterday, and I suppose the basis of a concept album is an album that has a story like feel to it.

Well concept album or not, it won't be anything like this

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Ok I just caved and listened to the Tales Of Us trailer... Now I'm freaking out.... Annabel may be the new Clowns.... I'm.sure we all know what I'm referring to... :)
  • chokka said:

Ok I just caved and listened to the Tales Of Us trailer... Now I'm freaking out.... Annabel may be the new Clowns.... I'm.sure we all know what I'm referring to... :)

It's about tits?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!