Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp confirmed for Glastonbury 2017
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • I was only able to start watching it from Slide In, so what did I miss? I thought the set was brilliant, Goldfrapp are such an amazing live act, and Alison sounded real happy :) Given that there appear to be no more UK dates in Autumn, this is as close as I'll get to seeing them this year I guess. Boo boo.
  • there will be UK dates - they are yet to announce them...
  • Blistering performance!

I grabbed the set from iPlayer and uploaded, if anyone would like. It's 853MB, 1280x720:

http://www.orionsoft.co.uk/Goldfrapp/Video/2017/2017_06_25_Goldfrapp_Glastonbury_HJ.mp4
  • Thousand thanks Elliot, really appreciated
  • Nice set, would have maybe replaced Become The One and Everything is Never Enough with Moon in Your Mouth and Ocean instead, but hey ho. Still fun to see Alison having so much fun performing :D
  • I love that they play every song little bit differently each time.

But gosh Train is much harder and edgier every time (and the vocals differ - in Glasto they've returned to the older harmony of Alison & Angie in choruses).

Oh and Alison seems more direct & down to Earth compared with that head in clouds lady from years ago.
  • As they started late due to technical problems, do you think the set was trimmed in length?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Alison, herself, said that they were a couple songs short.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Once again the sincerest thanks to the Master Hallowe'en Jack.  The Foreign Goldfrapp Fan's Patron Saint.
  • Thank you Halloween Jack for uploading! Looked like a brilliant performance minus all the tension early on with the technical difficulties. 
  • Thanks for the upload, Jack!  That was an unrelenting uptempo set -- probably a good idea for a festival -- though I would've liked a touch more variety.  Alison looked and sounded fabulous, per bloody usual.  Band was tight as ever.  Seb is a god damn animal.  What a great addition to he band; glad he wasn't a one-termer as some of the other drummers have been.  
  • Thank you very much for the file. :)
  • Thanks for the upload, Jack!  That was an unrelenting uptempo set -- probably a good idea for a festival -- though I would've liked a touch more variety.  Alison looked and sounded fabulous, per bloody usual.  Band was tight as ever.  Seb is a god damn animal.  What a great addition to he band; glad he wasn't a one-termer as some of the other drummers have been.  

Is that a reference to Daisy? Only seen on the Head First tour.
    BTW. Glasto Setlist
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/goldfrapp/2017/worthy-farm-pilton-england-3be4e8d0.html
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-06-27 15:36:50
  • THANK YOU HJ! :)
  • Yo, great job HJ. Downloaded without a hitch. Nice to see Sally Traffic around the 32 minute mark.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!