Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Crappy few days. I feel sleepy al the time - the rainy & windy few days doesn't help. And I hate coffee so no means to make me feel better. Lots of things in word too - many whining people, problems and idiots everywhere...
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-04-26 18:27:19
  • Actually, it has struck me recently how fucking greedy and self obsessed a large proportion of the people in the UK are at the moment. Everywhere you look people are being selfish and seem to have little thought for others.
    That's what our society has been reduced to by this current Government. It's turned us all into people with no thought for others.
    Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Seems to have passed the vast majority by.
    It makes me sad as I can see no end as the general populace continue to be hoodwinked by the Tories.
    We are all so easily fooled!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I don't know, UT. I feel like the world economy is really messed up and that it is what is causing people to react the way they are. Don't get me wrong, the machine is working overtime to befuddle the public, but it comes down to the economy and a lot of people having much less than they have had in the recent past. It's a broken flipping record. It happens over and over, again. It happened in the 1920's (and many times before that) and it's happening, again. The rich somehow think there is something special about them (unless and until they lose everything) and that those that don't have are just not trying hard enough. That scrap wages are what these lesser beings deserve. It is so stupid. It makes one wonder why we think we are intelligent. As a species we are certainly not sapient. The u.s. is so incredibly deluded that it takes ones breath away. I've met some of these CEOs that get ludicrous amounts of money. And, generally speaking, they are nothing more than ruthless with minimal intelligence. I almost didn't post this because I have run across little that actually states what I am so very certain of: that the common people are hurting. But, then I just ran across this article. As far as I am concerned, it is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of people that have traded down in their jobs and lifestyles over the last decade. From high flying jobs to flipping burgers. It's big and it's scary and it's causing irrational thinking.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/apr/28/personal-insolvencies-debt-pay-inflation

I really believe it is going to get slot worse before it gets better. If the last revolution was the industrial, then this is the automation revolution. As far as I can tell, the only professional jobs left will be engineer and scientist. The brick and mortar will be food and ... ?

It's also interesting to me how businessmen are most often conservatives and artists, musical and elsewise, are most often liberal. Successful artists realize just how lucky they are to be successful and business people can never admit that for some reason.

This time around, I think Santayana gets proved decidedly wrong. There are a lot of people seeing it coming like a freight train on the horizon ... and it just keeps coming ... and we are like the deer in the headlights standing right in the middle of the tracks.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-04-28 13:38:33
  • Feeling down lately because of my toxic family, but it's Derby Day..so gonna try to snap out of it. I like Sonneteer, although I'm not betting. (Really I like them all- they're all gorgeous)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

Feeling down lately because of my toxic family, but it's Derby Day..so gonna try to snap out of it. I like Sonneteer, although I'm not betting. (Really I like them all- they're all gorgeous)

Aw...there's always a spare room in my house if you need a new family, PG.

Good luck, sonneteer x
  • Relieved...Yesterday am our doggy Lucy, the Yorkie / King Charles cross was very poorly, her poor back legs were collapsing under her. Took her immediately to the vets who diagnosed her with vestibulitis and nystagmus, which has completely thrown her balance and made her eyes roll all over the place. Caused by an inner ear infection and inflammation of part of her brain. So she began a course of treatment yesterday and already looks a wee bit brighter this am. Phew.
  • Sorry to heard about her brain inflammation and infection. I hope she feels better soon. :)
  • Ponygurl said:

Feeling down lately because of my toxic family, but it's Derby Day..so gonna try to snap out of it. I like Sonneteer, although I'm not betting. (Really I like them all- they're all gorgeous)

Leave your family and get a donkey, PoGu!

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • KatRobin said:

Relieved...Yesterday am our doggy Lucy, the Yorkie / King Charles cross was very poorly...

Big hugs for Lucy!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Best wishes for Lucy.
  • iuventus said:

KatRobin said:

Relieved...Yesterday am our doggy Lucy, the Yorkie / King Charles cross was very poorly...

Big hugs for Lucy!

I didn't know Lucy was a headcrab...or dream crab (for whovians). Headdog, really...anyhow, it changes things.
  • Aw, thanks folks, she would send a woof and a wag but it makes her fall over! Going to take the other dawg Jake for a walkie in a min, just me and him. He gets upset too when she's not with us. Poor Lu isn't allowed on the sofa in case she rolls off so she's confined to the kitchen temporarily.
  • Bit OT, but saw this pic today, and it's reminiscent of someone...can't pin it down though. Perhaps others have seen it before? ;)

• Cute. I think Alison's look is a bit more Red Setter these days!
  • So glamorous looking. Those sunglasses! And a full, errr, head of hair!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-05-07 10:10:23

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!