Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Jools Holland 11 and 14 April
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • Last time Goldfrapp were on Jools they did 2 songs on the main show (Stranger & Clay) and a different one (Annabel) on the live show. They're not headlining so I'm expecting the same pattern with only 2 tonight, prob Anymore & Ocean. More than that will be a bonus.
  • ...I believe the recorded show will be a different take of Systemagic. It usually is.

Ah, hadn't realised that was a regular thing. Noticed it with St Vincent, where her Friday-show perf of 'Digital witness' was a different take from the Tuesday's.
  • Looks like you may be right Pete. Alison has tweeted they are doing two tracks tonight. Let's hope for something different to Systemagic.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hoping once again that someone will record and post tonight's performance. Don't know the specifics of the Later w/J show, but I'm thinking they might have recorded all of Goldfrapps performances on the same day. TV shows do that quite a lot. They record 2/ 3 shows a day, well in advance.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • First track on Jools: Anymore
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-04-14 18:47:24
  • Where were the dancers everyone was raving about?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Hope everyone had chance to watch le frapp on Jools
  • And thanks for getting Anymore on yoohootube so quickly
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systemagic as on Tuesday. Was hoping for Ocean (or in my dreams, Zodiac Black :) )

Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-04-14 19:17:02
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systematic as on Tuesday.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Lame.
  • I'm a little disappointed.. I was hoping for Ocean as well... :-/ thanks for posting the vid on YouTube!!
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-04-14 20:31:00
  • Was hoping for 3 tracks .. of which 1 or 2 other album tracks (not Anymore or Systemagic) .. oh well.
  • I know it's disappointing not to get three tracks, but that performance of Anymore was amazing.  
  • Alison looked like wrench wench ;)
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systemagic as on Tuesday. Was hoping for Ocean (or in my dreams, Zodiac Black :) )

Now had a chance to view both those Jools programs back to back and they are different takes. On the live program, Jools gives a different out to to Systemagic and introduces Thundercat whereas on the recorded show, he takes the show to the conclusion of the program and Kasabian.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!