Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Jools Holland 11 and 14 April
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • On the live show, being only 30 minutes, each main act usually does one song, although Kasabian bookended the show. The recorded show is shot at the same time and edited for transmission on Friday and Goldfrapp will do three songs. I believe the recorded show will be a different take of Systemagic. It usually is.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Last time Goldfrapp were on Jools they did 2 songs on the main show (Stranger & Clay) and a different one (Annabel) on the live show. They're not headlining so I'm expecting the same pattern with only 2 tonight, prob Anymore & Ocean. More than that will be a bonus.
  • ...I believe the recorded show will be a different take of Systemagic. It usually is.

Ah, hadn't realised that was a regular thing. Noticed it with St Vincent, where her Friday-show perf of 'Digital witness' was a different take from the Tuesday's.
  • Looks like you may be right Pete. Alison has tweeted they are doing two tracks tonight. Let's hope for something different to Systemagic.
  • Hoping once again that someone will record and post tonight's performance. Don't know the specifics of the Later w/J show, but I'm thinking they might have recorded all of Goldfrapps performances on the same day. TV shows do that quite a lot. They record 2/ 3 shows a day, well in advance.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Where were the dancers everyone was raving about?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Hope everyone had chance to watch le frapp on Jools
  • And thanks for getting Anymore on yoohootube so quickly
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systemagic as on Tuesday. Was hoping for Ocean (or in my dreams, Zodiac Black :) )

Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-04-14 19:17:02
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systematic as on Tuesday.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Lame.
  • I'm a little disappointed.. I was hoping for Ocean as well... :-/ thanks for posting the vid on YouTube!!
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-04-14 20:31:00
  • Was hoping for 3 tracks .. of which 1 or 2 other album tracks (not Anymore or Systemagic) .. oh well.
  • I know it's disappointing not to get three tracks, but that performance of Anymore was amazing.  
  • Alison looked like wrench wench ;)
  • A bit disappointed that the second song was the same take of systemagic as on Tuesday. Was hoping for Ocean (or in my dreams, Zodiac Black :) )

Now had a chance to view both those Jools programs back to back and they are different takes. On the live program, Jools gives a different out to to Systemagic and introduces Thundercat whereas on the recorded show, he takes the show to the conclusion of the program and Kasabian.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!