Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I strongly suspect that the majority of Frappers have leanings towards the mystical. At least, I guess most of us love a bit of whimsy? Am I right?
    I thought I'd share a little Tale Of Us (my other half and me) from this weekend down in sunny Wiltshire. Taking a walk around my favourite spot, Avebury, I decided to take some photos of my Man In The Moon ring which I popped into a crevice in one of the standing stones. The stone gobbled the ring up (I couldn't retrieve it as it fell deeper inside), but actually I was delighted that it had happened as I thought it was quite poetic and whimsical. So there it is, hidden inside one of the largest and best known / most photographed standing stone, hidden from view and potentially there forever (I'd like to think the next 6000 years anyway!). 

• 92 Comments sorted by
  • I swear to the (pagan) gods, if anyone is down Wiltshire way, you now have the knowledge! If you take a bent paperclip and some chewing gum you might be able to retrieve it for me, but I'd kind of rather you left it where it is!image
  • My favourite tree. Ever.
  • imageAnd lastly, here's a pic of the lovely West Woods. Sadly we were two weeks too early for all the bluebells to be out, but it was still a lovely walk. And we acquired a another lost dog, yet again! It latched onto us and I tried to find its home on the edges of the wood but without success, so had to let it go, but after phoning its owner she said she would go hunt for him. I hope she found him  :o3
  • Moody black and white! Reminds me of when I was boy. I was 6 before we ever saw in colour!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^^ Everything was black & white then.
  • Apparantly, when Kennedy was shot, grey blood oozed out!
  • ^^ I've seen this in TV and films. This must be true!

(I was born in world full of colours).
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-04-10 18:20:25
  • Apparantly, when Kennedy was shot, grey blood oozed out!

I also heard that a CIA informant was hiding in the trunk and shot him through his back. That's one for the 'conspiracy' thread though-

@Kat Great topic and wonderful pics Kat! Try not to lose anymore rings in empty holes! ( Easier said, than done :p )

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-04-11 20:05:18
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • So, all this tree stuff, Kat.  Does that make you a bit Celtic?  I love trees, also.  My yard is full of them.  Wish I had a good mystical story about trees but not such luck.  In fact, I can't think of any good mystical stories, except my life in general.  That could truly be just avoidance, though.
  • Here's hoping everything is good your end @katrobin? I've been very busy myself as ive started a new job.

I love willow trees. They look pretty magical.
  • I’m just checking in this morning, yes I’m good thanks. Busy with a new job myself, temporary until Christmas as it involves 1:1 tutoring a child in care. Lovely job. Going to be baking Rudolph cookies with her this am! I’m also looking at a couple of other possibilities but have learnt to not jinx it by saying too much...
    I’m so pleased to hear you’ve a new job Serenity, and just in time for Christmas too. Tell us more! And very well done
  • Hmm....why has half my message just disappeared? I just added a clapping emoji wotsit. Congratulations!
  • You can only use the emojis provided by the site Kat, top right at the end of the banner.
    We'll have no non local emojis here!
    Good news to both you and Serenity on the job front. Enjoying my retirement at the moment. Never been so busy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!