Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Music Glue : Order issues
  • 32 Comments sorted by
  • How could I have forgot Caro Maple in Mexico, currently hobnobbing around California !
    To produce an actual map and mark it up on here is beyond my IT skills sad to say but I will add the thread idea to my list in due course.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I have it on good authority that Glitterizer resides in that there Rio! ;-)
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand....
  • Here too (Italy) no news about the preorder
  • Ryanoc91 said:

By the way, when Roisin Murphys stock arrived damaged and she realized that she couldn't send the pre-orders of her album out in advance (which is what should have been done here) this is how she handled things:

And this was because the records were not going to go out in advance! Music glue just sent them out practically on release day, without letting their customers know, even though they probably had perfectly good copies lying around for weeks. Now its in its second week of release and many people still don't have their pre-orders!

Not really a fan of her musically but that is a hell of a nice thing to do. Artists who respect their fans are the best kind.

• Without your fans, you are nothing.
    Forgot you too Giancarlo. Sorry!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-04-08 18:24:29
  • I am in Minneapolis and received my clear vinyl the Monday after release date.
  • I live in China and haven't received the preorder yet, Music Glue shipped the items by Royal Mail Standard Class, not even the signed-for mail. Hope they won't get lost in transit! 
  • It's been great to read people's comments on this issue. It's good to let the band know as well what we are experiencing.
    Update : After the initial communication with Music Glue, I haven't heard a peep out of them. They were going to check where the package was at, but nothing, I'm just glad I got my tickets in a separate envelope.
  • I'm fascinated as to where everyone lives in the world. There is a tendency to assume everyone in from the UK, with a sprinkling of more exotic locations but it seems this forum has a wider international footing than it at first seems.
    So we have UK, Netherlands, Finland (Minsku who has not been around here recently), Portugal now that kaleb20 has declared and I think Turgssss is from Poland as well as jenkins25 (bit of a curve ball with the name - get thee to the 'My Goldfrapp user name' thread), as well as our regular USA and Canada and Australia too.
    Worth a new thread with a map of Du Monde?

I'm from Boston in the US, great idea BTW
  • Utopia304 said:

I'm fascinated as to where everyone lives in the world. There is a tendency to assume everyone in from the UK, with a sprinkling of more exotic locations but it seems this forum has a wider international footing than it at first seems.
    So we have UK, Netherlands, Finland (Minsku who has not been around here recently), Portugal now that kaleb20 has declared and I think Turgssss is from Poland as well as jenkins25 (bit of a curve ball with the name - get thee to the 'My Goldfrapp user name' thread), as well as our regular USA and Canada and Australia too.
    Worth a new thread with a map of Du Monde?

I'm from Boston in the US, great idea BTW

Noted and updated.
  • No - IN Canada here and still waiting for the CD and Vinyl.  :(
  • Just a final follow up note. After much searching Music Glue had to admit my package was lost in transit somewhere, so they proceeded to ship me my CD's finally, however, the postcards sets were all gone by the time they agreed to reshipping. They also gave me a name of someone at Mute to contact to get a poster to make up for my loss. So I contacted Mute as instructed and told them what happened and a few days ago I got an envelope that contained 2 posters, one signed CD booklet, and a few fab Goldfrapp stickers. So all in all things sort of worked out eventually but MG needs a much better tracking system, as that was one of my issues, they gave me a number but the number was a dead end. That's what sent up the red flags for me and the back and forth with them to realize that and finally getting my CD's minus the postcards of course.

Mute was great though. I emailed them and told them what happened, they emailed back and apologized, they told me they were sending my posters out asap and they did, as I got them within 5 days of the correspondence with them.

I'm glad to see others have finally got their packages and that hopefully they arrive in Canada soon. 

Cheers !
  • UT_ You've met Will so many times now I'm surprised you're not blood brothers by now!
  • had my stuff sent to my moms a while ago, and i've finally been able to open it. all good stuff!

bit of a problem with the A2 poster, but hoping it can be resolved quickly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!