Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Our Silver Eye-Inspired Art Work
  • 63 Comments sorted by
  • came across this on insta and got goose bumps
  • I put together a litte moodboard inspired by the album's songs:

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Stevil,that's really beautiful :) I think this collage is something that Alison herself might dig around Tales of Us era :)
    Glitterizer - you really captured the mood of the songs,I just don't really get Faux Suede Drifter and you went into fun territory with Ocean :)
    Iuventus,you're bit shady :D :D :D
    Post edited by Julex at 2017-04-03 09:24:59
  • Are you implying that there's something wrong with Head First, Part 1? One might deem that shady.
  • Julex said:

Glitterizer - you really captured the mood of the songs,I just don't really get Faux Suede Drifter and you went into fun territory with Ocean :)

Thanks! Well, the girl in the pic is wearing a faux suede jacket hahahaha, and reading the lyrics I get the sense that the song is about a lover who can't settle down with you, someone whose motives are mysterious and may give off a "nostalgic for something they never had" vibe, a wanderer, a drifter, and I kinda thought the image conveyed that. 
  • I'm chuffed others are contributing to this thread!
  • Ponygurl said:

Julex said:

Thanks! Well, the girl in the pic is wearing a faux suede jacket hahahaha, and reading the lyrics I get the sense that the song is about a lover who can't settle down with you, someone whose motives are mysterious and may give off a "nostalgic for something they never had" vibe, a wanderer, a drifter, and I kinda thought the image conveyed that. 

Hmm, I feel like the song is about a woman's intuition telling her that her lover is cheating. I get a 'jealousy' vibe and the feeling was never brought out into the open or discussed. Maybe it's the 'touching you with a loaded gun' line.

That's a really good analysis too. I now feel it's a combination of both mine and your interpretations, they complement each other actually!
  • ^ Yeah, we're pretty good aren't we.. :P :-bd
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That's pretty cool, would have made a good single actually, from an eccentric sense.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Ponygurl said:

Hmm, I feel like the song is about a woman's intuition telling her that her lover is cheating. I get a 'jealousy' vibe and the feeling was never brought out into the open or discussed. Maybe it's the 'touching you with a loaded gun' line.

Darnit! I'm always so far off...

I saw a handsome middle-aged transgendered woman who falls in love with, and subsequently murders, young European female guests at her Haight-Ashbury district Airbnb as they sleep, unawares, on her reproduction Danish Modern pull-out sofa. With every kill, she reupholsters the sofa in a new pastel hue of faux suede, as real suede would be prohibitively expensive.
  • Oh, @stevil...

• Livvy's singing to you, @stevil.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!