Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye reviews
  • 82 Comments sorted by
  • Another lazy reviewer that has obviously not done their job and checked the back catalogue. Indecipherable lyrics, al la Deer Stop, are typical Goldfrapp. FFS, have they never listened to any Cocteau Twins? Alison frequently uses her voice as an instrument in the same manner.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Most reviewers are damaged personalities IMHO who do that job because they cannot hack anything else.
    Like smallpox, should be kept in an airtight container in a secure facility somewhere.
  • I agree. 
    There are people who should not be reviewing content. I'm already working on the review of Silver Eye for my website and fully intend to be respectful to the band, as it ought to be done in every review. I don't like every song, but that shouldn't (and won't) be an integral part of the review. Reviewers don't have to like the music or praise it to death, but it also means they don't need to be self-indulgent asshats and throw insults just to gain clicks. Never understood why a neutral, "let the reader decide" approach is becoming a lost aspect of the art of reviewing.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-26 13:35:43
  • Asshats! You are so not Brit !
  • Asshats are those straw hats you see on donkeys - they probably still have them in Clacton :)
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-03-26 17:37:40
  • LOL

I've been found out, eh!

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-26 20:01:24
  • You have Sir. Unless it's what those Mounties wear !
  • Most reviewers are damaged personalities IMHO who do that job because they cannot hack anything else.
    Like smallpox, should be kept in an airtight container in a secure facility somewhere.

Brutal but staggeringly true

• That was my review of most reviewers Low.
    I'm going to paraphrase and old saying where I come from. Those that can do, those that can't review!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-27 14:59:18
  • Great review from Consequence of Sound !
    https://tinyurl.com/n87bb7c
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-03-28 15:54:35
  • Have my issues with Consequence of Sound but that was a hell of a review.

• Liking the consequence of siund review.
  • The Guardian have reviewed Silver Eye.Gave it 3 stars.Still,it's the Album Of The Week.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/mar/30/goldfrapp-silver-eye-review-alexis-petridis-album-of-the-week

Alex Petredis moaning that Goldfrapp still...er...sound like Goldfrapp and not like any of that awful 'trap' shit that gets constantly played on BlandFM.
  • A surprising 7.4 from Pitchfork. This is their second highest rating of a Goldfrapp album. Felt Mountain received an 8.0.

"On their first album in four years, Goldfrapp synthesize all their many sounds and modes to get at the core of their musical identity. They find a beautiful, poppy, platonic ideal."

I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!