Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • After seeing the horrid events unfolding on the news, I just wanted to pop in and see if everyone here from London is safe and sound. I'm so tired of this mindless killing and frustrated that we can't grow as a species and get past our prejudice of one another. So sad.

But I don't wish to rant. The point of this post is to check in and make sure everyone here is ok. Most likely given the small pool of victims thankfully, but frightening nonetheless. My thoughts and heart go out to all the victims.

Stay strong! Love you all.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-22 15:16:21
  • 27 Comments sorted by
  • I've just seen it on BBC news. This is the devil's work not some creature with horns. Again its probably ISIS that will come forward for this latest attack.

Right in Westminster just inches away from the PM. My God, to work there with all this going on. But even living in London would scare me. In fact we are all under threat in the UK.

Bless the MP who tried to resuscitate the policeman.

ISIS will never stop. There just seems to be no end. This is NOT in the name of any God or any religion. To take another man's life is against all religion.

I had a bad feeling that another attack was on the cards.

ISIS WANT to generate fear. They WANT you to be scared, frightened. 
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-03-22 15:14:19
  • I don't live in London but all UK cities regardless need to be on high alert.
  • Shocking news, but one in a long list of these types of attacks unfortunately.  It's a real shame we have youth in our country who choose to join ISIS and essentially hurt the country from the inside out.  

Thoughts are with those who died.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Some form of brainwashing or mind manipulation for sure.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Here we go again- this time it's London Bridge.

I simply can not believe that Teresa May thinks that the threat level to the country can be downgraded from critical to severe? She needs to urgently wake up!

The way it's going, it's only a matter of time before the public will start taking matters into their own hands. Not only are these monsters content with tryi g to blow up concert arenas, Now they are trying to mow people down on a bridge!!!
  • I take comfort in the thought that in a few million years, the only sign that we were ever here will be a thin layer of radioactive plastic in the rock strata.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
    Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
    And on the pedestal, these words appear:

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."
  • whispered said:

I take comfort in the thought that in a few million years, the only sign that we were ever here will be a thin layer of radioactive plastic in the rock strata.

It'll be at the bottom of the ocean, and an alien race will be mining it as if it were a natural mineral compound.
  • P.S. Loves me some Shelley!
  • We were in that there London yesterday, at the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V & A, and we are returning today to see Mari Wilson at the Bush Hall in Sheperd's Bush.
    We will not be cowered by violence. We will stand up and be counted as better than living the rest of live on your knees. We have the Bulldog spirit!
  • We have the Bulldog spirit!

Is that, like, a sports thing?
  • Trump is considering a visit to London this week. With tensions and emotions running so high, what do you all think? Should he come?!
  • What was the Floyd thing like UT? We are thinking of taking a gander at that.
  • KatRobin said:

Trump is considering a visit to London this week.

Would London welcome him?
  • If you like the Floyd Kat, you will like this exhibition. Very slick and stylish, it follows their career from inception and then along the way via every album. Thoroughly recommended!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!